How many slings do you have? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 52 Old 06-05-2006, 05:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am pleading the fifth. But, I can't believe I am admiting this, the number of our carriers has actually surpassed the number of our diapers. And, baby has enough diapers to go over a week without washing :
#32 of 52 Old 06-06-2006, 01:39 AM

Alright, so my babywearing 'habit' may not be as indecent as others, but I'm not so 'pristine' myself.

The dirty details on my stash...
  • Baby Bjorn (disgustingly guilty)
  • The Baby Pouch wrap (prebaby purchase)
    :
  • KKAFP (getting educated)
  • Mamma's Milk BIDB pouch (absolutely HAD to have it, it has a built in CLOTH diaper bag!)
  • Pocket Kozy (Lusting after this and DH agreed to buy me one for my birthday, tomorrow!)

DH thinks it's all a little crazy, but I just tell him, it's all for the benefit of my students. (I teach prenatal yoga and am starting to teach Childbirth Education classes, plus I'm trying to start a local NINO chapter!) So they will serve a purpose, to educate others on babywearing...someday :

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#33 of 52 Old 06-06-2006, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalotusyoga

DH thinks it's all a little crazy, but I just tell him, it's all for the benefit of my students. (I teach prenatal yoga and am starting to teach Childbirth Education classes, plus I'm trying to start a local NINO chapter!) So they will serve a purpose, to educate others on babywearing...someday :
:
Let me know if you do start a chapter, I have a dear friend in Monticello who would love to see dif. bwing options.
I have a BabyHawk and a Hotsling. I won't post the websites since others have already. I use both all the time and wish I could get a few more. Soon, after I get some more diapers! I've even considered getting a pt job just so I can buy more carriers & diapers!

Christina, mama to 2 sweet girls

10.26.12 (HBAC!)
namaste.gif   neg.gif  sewmachine.gif   homebirth.jpg homeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#34 of 52 Old 06-06-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cece
:
Let me know if you do start a chapter, I have a dear friend in Monticello who would love to see dif. bwing options.
I have a BabyHawk and a Hotsling. I won't post the websites since others have already. I use both all the time and wish I could get a few more. Soon, after I get some more diapers! I've even considered getting a pt job just so I can buy more carriers & diapers!
You know, there are many NINO chapters already started that are NOT listed on the NINO website. There is a thread on TBW about it now - asking all the NINO leaders to list their chapters
#35 of 52 Old 06-06-2006, 11:32 PM

I love, love , love my carriers!

My stash includes:

Ring Slings:
Oopa RS
Sleeping Baby Productions RS
Eesti/SBP RS

Wraps:
Krokus Didymos - my absolute favorite!
GM BBB - Haumea
EllaRoo- Kristen

Mei Tai:
York Pocket Kozy
Sachi

Peanut shell pouch

and looking for another didymos - the question is which one argh!!
#36 of 52 Old 06-07-2006, 10:06 AM

I have 5 Hotslings, if I had not lost one at a restaurant I'd have 6! Can't resist their gorgeous prints, and never fail to get curious or admiring looks or smiles and questions about it, when wearing DS in it.
#37 of 52 Old 06-07-2006, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ohh, I wish that I hadnt started reading this thread I guess I am a "wannabee!" We only used a snugli and a maya RS with ds1 and now for ds 2 I have a hotling (hemp) and a gypsymama (Morgaine).

Thanks for the link to the slinglings, I am thinking one of those may be next on the list - I am a little leary of getting anything new before I know what this babe prefers though...and I live in South Florida and the heat is an issue...that said, although there is a Babyhawk that I LOVE, I am waiting until it is a bit cooler here (and I have a little more $$ ) for the MT.

I also really like the wise woman slings.....

Love reading about your stashes!

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#38 of 52 Old 06-07-2006, 03:39 PM

I've sold all of 'em but three.

I have a Zolowear ring sling, a water ring sling and an Ergo.
#39 of 52 Old 06-07-2006, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am soooo excited!! I just bought a Babyhawk!! can't wait for it to get here!!

YEAH!!!
#40 of 52 Old 06-08-2006, 05:42 PM

Wow now I don't feel so bad about wanting to buy a third sling for the new baby!!

I have a Maya pouch - it was a gift and is a bit big for me so didn't use it much.
Maya ring sling - love it - use it all the time with DD!!

I want to get a third - don't know if I want another ring sling, a wrap type or a pouch that fits better????

What is best for BFing???? or lasts the longest - I still use my ring sling to keep DD on my hip for quick trips into a store.
#41 of 52 Old 06-09-2006, 10:13 AM

let's see...

2 home made RS's in different cotton batik fabrics - one with a short tail that lives in the car, and one with a long tail that lives in the diaper bag
1 home made MT in solarveil (that used to be a solarveil RS that i just converted to a MT)

1 Freehand MT in black with celtic knot flowery design
1 Freehand MT that used to be an onbu but i cut off the rings and added a waist belt because i wasn't feeling the onbu love - that's also black with a celtic knot green man
1 Ellaroo Ysabel 4.6m wrap
1 Khaki patapum (baby)
1 Kelty backpack (DH uses this one - it's too big for me)

i also at different points had two homemade gauze wraps, which i ended up giving to friends new to babywearing, and a homemade fleece pouch and a homemade fleece RS that also went to fledgling babywearers who had winter babies, as well as a baby bjorn that never got used and eventually got sold at a consignment sale.

: whoo! i had no idea there had been so many! at least, that's my story, and i'm stickin to it
#42 of 52 Old 06-09-2006, 06:36 PM

I have 4 ring slings all of which were made by Janet at Seams Country and I have a baby bjorn which hasn't seen any action since I mastered the ring sling
#43 of 52 Old 06-09-2006, 11:25 PM

I have a Kozy, a Maya RS, a Hug-a-Bub ( www.cottoncradles.com ), a KKAFP, a KKACP, and one of Kangaroo Korner's new adjustable mesh pouches on the way. I'm really excited about that one b/c I can take it in the pool and they say that it's as stretchy as their fleece pouches. So that's really cool. Can't wait to get it!
#44 of 52 Old 06-10-2006, 12:12 AM

I have 7 (and no baby yet! ) But I use them for demos and for friends to practice with to help them decide what kind they want me to buy for their shower gift!

I've got 2 hotslings, a BabyHawk mei tai, a Moby Wrap, an Ellaroo wrap, a Maya ring sling, and a Maya MamaBaby sling.

Just FYI- most of my clients choose to get a hotsling, and all of my friends have chosen the MobyWrap.
#45 of 52 Old 06-10-2006, 03:52 PM

I only have two slings and a Mei Tai. DH also has a MT.
#46 of 52 Old 06-10-2006, 10:14 PM

I'm jealous of those of you with so many slings! I have three:

*Maya Wrap (in the color grown fabric)
*Hot Sling (in black ecru flower)
*Bebe Tai (in the Kimono Ladies pattern)

#47 of 52 Old 06-11-2006, 08:26 PM

My "stash" just exploded in recent months. I had an ergo and a new native and premaxx and got by OK.
Well! Now I have 1 classic ergo, 1 beco on the way, 1 ellaroo mei hip (trying to sell), 2 bh mei tais, 2 hotslings in two different sizes, 3 peanut shell pouches in fleece, jersey knit, and a reversable pattern, 1 solarveil ring sling, 1 premaxx sling, and 1 hotsling pool pouch on the way. I love them all. LOVE THEM!

I like my mei tais and pouches the best, though I use them all quite a bit. I wish I had just lost control and bought that many a lot sooner. Once I found the variety it was just too fun, and of course easier to carry my baby around. I think I kind of have to stop now though.
#48 of 52 Old 06-11-2006, 08:45 PM

Let's see

1 OTSBH
1 BB
1 Hotsling
1 TenToes pouch
1 KKAFP
1 Moby Wrap
1 Maya Wrap
1 Kozy
1 Ergo

So that's 9. I'd like more but, DS is my last baby & I cannot buy anymore.

Lola , loving my DH, Mama to & we &
#49 of 52 Old 06-12-2006, 12:04 PM

I have one ring sling (Over the Shoulder Baby Holder in a blue fish batik pattern) that was a gift when my daughter was born. I used that for more than 18 months before finally buying some alternatives.

Now I have three Mei Tais:
a Kozy Karrier (I got the sateen "Gwynn" vibrant floral print that reverses to black canvas, with black straps)

one custom Sachi (large turquoise and beige floral pattern on a chocolate background, reverses to an "Orange Creamsicle" print with pink/orange/sage colored swirls and dots on a pale orange background, with natural straps)

and the Metro/Khaki EllaRoo mei tai.

I have two wraps:
a Medium EllaRoo wrap in the LaRae striped pattern

and a Storchenwiege Inka pattern.

I own one Hotslings pouch: the pink Disco Dot that reverses to a light green sateen.

So that's seven cloth carriers. On top of those, my brother gave us their used red Baby Bjorn. But I've only used that once, as I recall. I have a "Hip Hammock" knockoff made by One Step Ahead that has seen a little bit of use. It basically stays in the car so if the pouch ends up going into the house and staying there, I still have something to use for carrying the toddler if we're out. I used it last July at our county fair. Not the most comfy alternative, but it works and it's truly compact.

I don't know if I'm truly a sling whore, but the thing that seemed so extravagant to me was that I bought most of those items AFTER my daughter was 20 months old.
#50 of 52 Old 06-12-2006, 06:49 PM

Oh, my favorite subject!!

I love carriers!! I really love them!!

What I have, going from most to least used:

Oopa Chambray RS with green satin ribbon edging

"Mod Hearts" Babyhawk XT Mei Tai with Cranberry Straps

Khaki TaylorMade Solarveil RS (I use this to shower in, and to go to the waterpark in the summer!)

Lucky Baby Pouch in Lucky Circles

Lucky Print Hotsling pouch (I used this ALL THE TIME, now it's too big due to losing over 30 lbs!)

Blue Paisley Hotsling Pouch (Also way too big!)

Moby Wraps (black and blue) I used these before DS was so fricking heavy!

EcoBabies silk brocade Onbuhimo (it's gorgeous, but I only wear it on special occasions!) Here's a pic of ds sleeping in it from the testimonials on her site: http://www.merchantmoms.com/images/tjonbu.jpg

Padded OTSBH-type La Leche League Sling in black with ivory batik bamboo print

OTSBH - Blue Chambray... my first sling!

So, only 11... not too bad, though... I want to get a Didy or a Girasol... dh will kill me though.... sigh!
#51 of 52 Old 06-13-2006, 10:46 AM

ooh I love the mod hearts bh pattern and the ellaroo metro pattern. I just got a mod flower/moss reversible bh on caramel. All of my slings except for the ps yoko pattern are dark neutrals. Thank god I"m not into wraps. I don't know what would happen. It makes me want to learn to sew, to have fun picking out the fabric and trying to make my own- though I'm sure it's not that easy (or maybe it is? I can't sew anything though).
#52 of 52 Old 06-14-2006, 03:09 PM

I find babyslings at the thriftstore that I can't resist passing up since I know SOMEONE is going to need them... So far I've got:
3 Over the Shoulder Baby holder (one chambray blue, one black with
bug print, one blue batik)
2 baby bundlers (one black, one turquiose)
2 New Native baby pouches (both black, one organic cotton)
1 mei tai made by me (orange batik)
1 snugli (used before I got all the others)
1 infantino carrier which is gosh-dang uncomfortable

I think that all of them... Plus four various backpacks for hiking and such. I use the mei tai most since I made it a few weeks ago, my son is just too heavy to carry in a sling these days and the mei tai is a dream. I never knew they could be more comfy than wearing a huge baby backpack! I think I could climb a mountain in it...
Andi

Andi, wife of Seraphim
Mom to Elijah (6/05) and Moses (6/08) and baby Joshua, UBAC February 18, 2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page