Best Carrier for back carry in HOT&HUMID enviroment! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-28-2012, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi guys!

Alright so here goes. I am 5'1" and medium build (darn you baby fat) and my husband is 6'1" and medium build. I will be doing most of the carrying but I would like a one size so hubby can also. We live in a very hot and humid enviroment and my son is a hoss so we need something more sturdy then the k'tan. Don't get me wrong I LOOOOOVE my k'tan but he is just too wiggly and big for it now. Plus i don't have the breeze so it would be too hot this summer. I have been leaning toward the ergo sport but have heard people having issues with baby sitting too low in the back carry position and the only way to fix to issue will give you a muffin top if you don;t have a flat tummy. Suggestions?

#2 of 2 Old 04-01-2012, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Alright, I'm not super familiar with hot and humid but I'll give it a shot. I've heard good things about the Ergo sport, but I agree that for some people the baby seems to be really low. There are other SSCs (Soft Structured Carriers) out there that might work better including a few that I know of that have versions made with solarveil - so nice and breathable and they give you some UV protection. The Kinderpack is one that comes in solarveil, and I like it (I'm short too) although I find that most SSCs sit a little lower than I like.

You could also consider one of the cotton gauze wraps like the Wrapsody Bali Breeze. They are nice and thin, so fairly cool and like any woven wrap they give you lots of options for different carries.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page