Recommend Sling for Hip Carry $40 or less used/new? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-13-2012, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there,

My son is 6 mos old now and I've mainly been carrying him in the Moby and my SSC. I would like to use a ring sling some as he's sitting up and I really like the hip carry. Can you recommend a good sling for $40 or less? I'd love to find a good one used so if you're aware of any brands that tend to sell used for around this price that would be a great bonus. I just want something comfy that is appropriate for 17+ lbs and I don't want a lot of fabric hanging down off the ring. 

Also, can you recommend a place to shop for used slings- the only place I know is thebabywearer.com  I always feel really overwhelmed when I visit that site... :) so if I'm heading there I'd appreciate  having some specific brands/models to check out.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 09:04 AM

It's not a ring sling, but I use the Seven sling for the hip carry for my daughter, who is just now 7 months old and weighs 17 pounds.  She's been sitting unassisted for about 2 months, but she tends to panic and freak out if is riding in the seat of a cart - so, I got the Seven into action for shopping.  It's pretty easy in-and-out, lightweight, and I think it retails for about $30 new.

Also, it's easily washable.  thumb.gif

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

Old 04-20-2012, 05:54 PM

SleepingBabyProduction has very affordable rs.  I also like the shoulder on the maya rs.  FYI, if you find the tail on your rs to be too long, you can wrap the tail around the rings, getting it out of your way.

The seven sling has gotten lots poor reviews.  I'm glad that it works for the pp, but I wouldn't buy one.

Mama to twins, my little guy, and

Tags
Babywearing
User Tag List