What does your baby wearing day look like? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-20-2012, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Up until recently, I only used the moby wrap for walks, as DD would fuss and fidget while wrapped.  Now at 11 weeks she is becoming more content to be worn, so I find myself wearing her when I cook and now sometimes when she naps.  How about you? When do you wear your baby? How do they like it?

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#2 of 4 Old 04-23-2012, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I wear DS everytime we go out: to the store, restaurant, on walks. If it's a short trip, I'll wear him on my hip in the ring sling. Anything over 30 minutes I'll use the ergo or mei tie.

On a happy-baby day I don't wear him much around the house. Right now he loves to crawl and cruise around while holding on the furniture, so he likes his freedom. But on cranky days or days when he just won't go to sleep, I'll wear him. The ring sling is my favorite when he's fussy, I just snug him down in it up to his neck and he peers out the top with his grumpy eyes. :) 

I guess I do wear him in the ergo on my back while I'm cooking sometimes. But by the end of the day I'm so tired, so I usually try to get him to sit happily in his high chair eating cheerios or let DH play with him.

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

#3 of 4 Old 05-03-2012, 12:02 PM

When dd was a baby, I wore her every single time we left the house.  She hated her stroller, and I liked having her near me.  When she was about 7 months old, I stopped wearing her so much outside the house because it got cold, and I didn't want to have to take her out of her carseat outside to put her in the wrap, and she was getting bigger, so I could put her in a cart.

Now that it is nice again, I plan to wear her everywhere we go again.  If it doesn't rain, I'm gonna wear her on the way to the park. 

I never used my Moby all that much at home (except when she was really little and fussy) because I have an older daughter and I would constantly be bending over and picking things up, and it just wasn't comfortable.  I just got an Ergo today though, and I'll probably wear her on my back now at home because she still liked to be held a lot.

Mandy

www.indisposablemama.com

#4 of 4 Old 05-09-2012, 06:38 AM

I started working for Rhubarb & Custard (the original South African Pouch Sling manufacturer) when my second one was two, and of course I took a sling home for him to try it out. He absolutely loved it; he was just at that awkward stage where they can walk, and sometime will walk, but still want "uppie-uppie" all the time. He was killing my back and arms at the time, and so I was VERY glad for the sling. Poor little mite; eventually when he grew out of it, I had to squirrel it out of the house when he wasn't looking so I could get it back to the office!

I am so very sorry that I didn't know anything about babywearing when my eldest was a baby; I had a front-carrier pouch, but it pulled his little legs too far apart, and he would start screaming as soon as I even though of putting him in! I never tried anything else with him, until one day when he was about one-and-a-half and sick with the chicken pox. Oh my, but that poor child cried and cried one night for hours while he was ill; he was itching all over, I had to hold his arms down to stop him scratching too much, and he was just generally feeling grotty. Eventually he got tired, and fell asleep in my arms on the couch at around about 3am and I tried to put him in his bed... screaming baby again! And so we went on. I was so scared that I would fall asleep like that, that I eventually had the bright idea of actually tying him to me with a length of cloth so that we could both get some shut-eye while still sitting up.

Thank goodness it worked :-) My DIY sling was pretty uncomfortable to wear, but Garion would go off and find the cloth I used that night and toddle up to me, saying "Fhling, Mummy?"

Such a sweetie :-)

By Annalisa

www.rhubarbandcustard.co.za

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page