SSC for young infant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-19-2012, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a Moby knockoff, an Ergo (2009), a maya ring sling, and a Neobulle (woven) wrap. My new babe is 5 weeks old, 13 lbs., and ~23". are there any SSCs that are great for this size? I don't love my stretchy wrap and would like something for quick stops so that i'm not wrapping in parking lots if i forget to pre-tie a wrap. I don't like the look of the Ergo infant insert--it looks hot and awkward. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-19-2012, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Have you seen the new Boba 3G? Its a SSC that goes from 7lbs to 45lbs.

It looks perfect for our needs and way better than the snugli Dh used for our first 2.

I am wanting one for our new babe I just need to save up some money.

I wonder at 13lbs if you can't just use your Ergo without the insert, what are their recommendations?

#3 of 7 Old 05-19-2012, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

They recommend the insert until 4-5 mos., 12 lbs (got that!) and good head control, which DD doesn't have. Does the boba 3g need an insert too? I've heard its good for long torso toddlers, and i've got one of those too...

#4 of 7 Old 05-19-2012, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

No insert needed.

#5 of 7 Old 05-23-2012, 01:44 PM

I mostly used a RS at that point. Have you tried the Maya wrap? What don't you like about it?

The Beco Butterfly II has an integral internal harness for smaller babies that helps to position them higher and also facilitates back carries. I haven't used one but know people who like them a lot. 

There is a lot of hype around the Boba right now, but I am not sure why--it doesn't seem that different from the old Beco.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#6 of 7 Old 05-25-2012, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the thought on the Beco.  I've used the maya wrap some, and its my favorite for restaurants, but for some reason it takes me forever to get it tight enough and positioned properly.  I mean, its gotten easier the more I use it, but I feel like I have to wiggle and pull and wiggle so much!  And while I love the feel of the woven wrap, my middle back is suddenly aching, and I can't help but think the wrap might be to blame.  Ugh.

#7 of 7 Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post

I have a Moby knockoff, an Ergo (2009), a maya ring sling, and a Neobulle (woven) wrap. My new babe is 5 weeks old, 13 lbs., and ~23". are there any SSCs that are great for this size? I don't love my stretchy wrap and would like something for quick stops so that i'm not wrapping in parking lots if i forget to pre-tie a wrap. I don't like the look of the Ergo infant insert--it looks hot and awkward. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

SSC? I'll go with Action Baby Carrier---lighter (better for warm climate), comfortable, affordable and easy to use. How old was your baby?? The weight limit of this SSC is 40 pounds.. Hope this helps! have a happy babywearing!!!!joy.gif

Living is great but being a MOM is even better

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page