ergo sport with infant insert? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-23-2012, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

has anyone does this? the sport seems like it has so much more fabric then the regular ergo.

I have other carriers for around the house but the ergo is sooo easy for a quick on and off. so, can you do it? 

#2 of 4 Old 07-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Bump. Anyone? innocent.gif

#3 of 4 Old 07-16-2012, 09:26 AM

I have the Ergo Sport and use the infant insert to babywear my 7-week-old daughter.  It is very comfortable for us both, though it can be a little hot with the insert being padded for my daughter now that we have hit true summer temps.  So just watch for overheating in the summer.  I have never used the regular Ergo so I can't speak to the amount of fabric, but I chose the Sport because it is supposed to be lighter, more breatheable fabric.  Does that help?

#4 of 4 Old 07-16-2012, 11:41 AM

I have the regular Ergo, and I personally did not like using the infant insert. It always felt so bulky and awkward. I used the Moby until DD was about 4 months and then I would put the small pillow part from the infant insert into the Ergo and have DD sit on that.

I agree that the Ergo is much quicker to take on and off than the Moby, but when DD was that young I was constantly carrying her (even while napping) and would put the Moby on once in the morning and just leave it on me for the rest of the day. No need to wrap and unwrap all day long.

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page