sleeping baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-10-2012, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 3 month old and I have been using a sling and infantino carrier.  He loves both but only wants to sleep in them.  He rarely sleeps in his pak and play or bed or swing or anywhere else during the day....the things I have been reading say to wear baby and put down to sleep but my baby is the opposite.  He is so active and wants to play then be worn for sleeping....any experience or thoughts would be appreciated!!

#2 of 5 Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 AM

3 months is still really little. I would say, have him sleep wherever he's going to sleep and if that's in a carrier, roll with it. One of the few places I can consistently get my daughter to nap is in the beco (at almost nine months). She's just too busy the rest of the time!

stillheart.gif Momma-ing the Muffin since October 2011!

#3 of 5 Old 07-10-2012, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for responding...will keep doing what I am doing and keep trying the others to see what happens!

#4 of 5 Old 07-10-2012, 10:37 AM

Both of my kids napped on me through their first year, either in a carrier or on my lap.  Starting around 6 months I could usually put them down or take them off me about halfway through their naptime and lay them on the floor (on a folded up blanket, or propped on a Boppy) nearby me and they'd be fine for the rest of their nap - I rarely tried to put them in their cribs for naptimes.  We mostly coslept but used the crib part time. 

They are now 6 and 8 and sleep fine on their own.  3 months is so, so little - if your little babe is happy sleeping on you, and you're able to do it, DO IT.  You'll have nothing but sweet memories when they are too big to do it anymore, and it goes by in the blink of an eye, even though it seems like forever when you're in the thick of it.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#5 of 5 Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the encouragement.  I am able to do it and enjoy it quite a bit.  I have others telling me it could cause a problem down the  road if I keep allowing it but I think he is still to young and needs the attachment to feel secure.  I am going with my natural instincts and doing what serves him best at the time.  He is such a happy baby and I believe that is bc of what we have been doing for him.  I love the bonding time too! And I don't want to get stuck "comparing" him to every other baby and how others are parenting.  He is an individual with different needs and I want to honor that. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page