snow suit baby wearing - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

NAK

I bought a  patagonia snow suit fo DD and its inseam is to short to baby wear with- in the wrap or ergo, she cant spread her legs. 

We live in denmark now and I NEED a snowsuit for her, to keep her both WARM AND DRY as we bike/walk everrywhere and it is often raining and cold. I wear her under my coat, but sometimes I just carry her or let her sit and play in the grass- so it must be water proof. LIke an older kids snowsuit

Anyone have one in mind they know works while baby wearing? Something that doesnt crush toes to hike up and expose leg while they wear it? please send me your ideas :)

familybed2.gif mama to dd energy.gifborn 8/08 and dd fly-by-nursing2.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg and one crazy dog2.gif oh and one loving dh dh_malesling.GIF

#2 of 6 Old 10-01-2012, 02:24 PM

Subbing.

I live in Alaska and just had my son in July. With my first born we live in a non-snowy place, so I'm a complete snow-baby newbie. We do love to get out in the winter, snowshoeing etc. I am curious too about the in-jacket or out-of-jacket debate. And how to know if they're warm but not sweaty (I'm really afraid of sweat since that leads so quickly to hypothermia).

Looking forward to the replies!

K: high school teacher and mama to DS1 (7/07), loss (10/10) and DS2 (7/12). Married to my best friend and soon to be elementary school teacher!
#3 of 6 Old 10-01-2012, 05:02 PM

bump.gif

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#4 of 6 Old 10-02-2012, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Someting like this? http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/70008?feat=289-CL1&page=infants-and-toddlers-cold-buster-snowsuit

Or worst case, you could get a fleece/sherpa one piece suit for the warmth, then get a seperate 'rain suit' to wear over since those come in 2 pieces so more fexibility in pants length.  I always re-waterproof my rain gear with the spray on stuff for better protection, and then once a year after, or if I wash the stuff, I waterproof it once it's dry - same for my snow pants.

#5 of 6 Old 10-06-2012, 08:17 PM

This might work for babywearing: http://www.wrapyourbaby.com/babywrapblanket.html

I haven't tried it but it looks great. Doesn't solve the snowsuit issue entirely, but maybe wrapping baby in this can protect the exposed legs when the pants hike up. Maybe just try buying a snowsuit one size too big? That should give more freedom for movement, leg spreading,etc.

Also maybe a peekaru babywearing jacket would be good, keeps baby (and you!) warm. Maybe that way you can avoid the snowsuit while babywearing, and just put her in it (over top her other clothes) when you take her off. 

#6 of 6 Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 PM

I really like the Hanna Andersson Journey's End snowsuits.. you can find them pretty cheap used.  They're very warm, waterproof, and not really that "puffy" so not too bad for babywearing.  I used to wear my DD all the time in hers in my Boba.  She was 2 though, so not sure how it would work for an itty one.  I'm looking into this myself!

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page