Need recomendations for a back carrier for my 15 month old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-19-2004, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter is 15 months old, and I am looking for a back carrier. We use or Maya syle sling for short distances, but I need something that I can use on both shoulders to more evenly distribute weight. I also want something I can put her in first, then put on my back. We have a hiking back pack that is great...for hiking! Way to big for every day use around home, the super market etc. I don't need any extra pockets or special things like that, just something easy, and a small frame would be okay.

Thanks!
#2 of 4 Old 04-19-2004, 06:38 PM

Hi Sarah.

I think either a Baby Trekker or a wrap carrier are the way to go. For a back carry, I'd look at the EllaRoo or Didymos. Reina at www.piggyslings.com makes a similar product that is more affordable. (See her "Wrap n' Tie")

It's good to see you.
#3 of 4 Old 04-19-2004, 06:39 PM

I have a great backpack for hiking, but I just went tothe used kids shop and bought a cheap, lightweight, backpack for around the house. Evenflo maybe?
#4 of 4 Old 04-20-2004, 06:49 PM

Have you tried an asian carrier like the Mei Tai or a podaegi. They can be easier on your back because a lot of the weight is distributed to the hips. I haven't tried a wrap though, I need to look into the benefits of them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page