Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 10-13-2012, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbecky View Post

Just ordered a Boba Air after seeing it mentioned on here; I'm so excited!! :D

Tell me what it is like once you get it :):)  I am super interested in buying one, but just bought a Boba 3 G about 4 months ago ... so I will have to wait to buy the Boba Air!

luxlove.gif

http://novelstudies.org - My hubby's website for affordable novel-studies for kids.

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

#32 of 44 Old 10-14-2012, 05:22 PM

I love my Ergo for long walks (on the front) and light housework, like hanging clothes to dry (on the back).

I love our ring sling for waiting in lines, farmer's markets, etc. and for soothing an angry small baby.

The other carrier I had was the Moby wrap and I HATED it because it took too long to get on/off and I had to put baby down to do it, and because DD has always been a squirmer and could flip herself halfway out of it from day one.  It felt really unsafe to me, though DD did like it when she was small.  Therefore, as carrier #3:

I love my Yepp mini bike seat (it goes on the front of my bike) because it lets DD go biking with me and she's nestled between my arms so she can snuggle up to me and we can talk.  Now that she's a toddler we go on long rides to the library and we have a blast pointing out to each other all the interesting stuff on the way!

Mom to the wacky and wonderful Kalyani (August 2011) femalesling.GIF

#33 of 44 Old 10-14-2012, 05:31 PM

It should be here Wed; I will let you know what I think. wink1.gif

Mom to DS1 (6-25-00), DS2 (3-16-12) and DS3 (2-20-14) Wife to DH (2-14-09)
#34 of 44 Old 10-14-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choose2Reuse View Post

I love my Yepp mini bike seat (it goes on the front of my bike) because it lets DD go biking with me and she's nestled between my arms so she can snuggle up to me and we can talk.  Now that she's a toddler we go on long rides to the library and we have a blast pointing out to each other all the interesting stuff on the way!

I looked at the bike seat online; looks fun! How young was DD when you started using it? I see it said 9 months, but that seems so little...

#35 of 44 Old 10-14-2012, 07:19 PM

I'm 5'10, large chested and was at a size 18 after my DD was born. The only carrier we ever used was the Beco Butterfly. It came with a newborn insert and while we didn't use it when she was brand new, she wasn't too old when we started using it. I never felt she wasn't getting the proper neck support. We used that for quite a long time and she eventually rode in it on our backs facing forward. I didn't have to use an extender but I nearly had the waist strap as big as it would get. I still have it and hope to use it with our #2 due in April. If I have to get a new one, I will definitely consider sticking with Beco.

I have a moby and never felt comfortable enough with it to use so it's more in the way than anything. I never tried anything else.

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#36 of 44 Old 10-15-2012, 07:43 AM

The Moby is a pain to get on and off, but it was so worth it!  Someone referred to it it as the art of Mama-gami (Mama origami) :)  I got really good at putting it on fast the more I did it, sometimes when I took longer trips (use the bus system and my little one was colicky) I would put it on before hand under my coat (luckily I had my little guy in November!).  That way it was easily accessible.  It was a pain but I would definitely use it again.  

luxlove.gif

http://novelstudies.org - My hubby's website for affordable novel-studies for kids.

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

#37 of 44 Old 10-15-2012, 11:24 AM

Right now my favorite is my Pognae carrier.  I LOVE it.  My little guy gets hot pretty easily so the zip down cooling vent thing is awesome for us.  

My #2 would have to be my SBP ring sling.

#3 is my mei tai that I made...although it has been replaced since getting the Pognae and getting rid of my Ergo.

#38 of 44 Old 10-16-2012, 06:06 AM

My first stayed in a Moby for a long time and only tolerated the MT.

My second didn't care for the Moby even at the start (for a few weeks it was alright but she quickly was over it) but we used a Babyhawk and then Toddlerhawk MT with her pretty much constantly for her first two years.  We almost exclusively back-carried even from when she was a tiny thing.

I did have a ring sling gifted to me but I don't recall ever using it.

This time around I have two Mobies, a Babyhawk, a Toddlerhawk, the ring sling, and an Ergo I picked up secondhand.  It's so perty that I think I will have to use it, but honestly my first love will always be the MT.  And the Moby for the first weeks.

#39 of 44 Old 10-16-2012, 04:42 PM

The Boba Air came in early! I tried it out around the house and so far, so good. I compared it to the Ergo, because it is most similar and the only other one I have like that. It was definitely less bulky and I could see using it for short jaunts, but not extended use. The only feature I like better in the Ergo is that the waist buckle snaps on the side...on the Boba Air it meets in the middle of your back and does not have the "safety" elastic holder like the buckle on the Ergo. My DS is 7 months old, but only around 17 lbs and little on the short side, however he fits just fine and seemed to hit it in the same places as the Ergo. The Ergo has "chew" pads which I like because he uses them all the time, but the Boba Air does not. He did start to chew immediately after putting it on, but I'm thinking because of the light weight material that a spot clean and a quick air dry will do just fine to handle the drool. 

So, I guess so far after one brief use (he was ready for a nap after 15-20mins in) I would recommend it! ;)

#40 of 44 Old 10-19-2012, 06:19 AM

I have always loved wraps the best, I just think they're so much fun and beautiful. My favourite wrap (I have way too many!) is probably my Ellaroo. It's my first woven and therefore very broken in and soft. The Moby wrap was amazing for the newborn stage, and I also enjoy our Maya ring sling for quick errands and also household chores. Hubby's fave is the Ergo because its easy and super comfy.
#41 of 44 Old 10-19-2012, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hm, if I could only have three carriers forever I'd take a size 5 woven for extended wear times, a size 2 woven for medium-length wearing outside the house, and a ringsling for quick ups and downs.

I did like the Boba/Sleepy wrap for the early weeks (like the Moby but stretchier) but it doesn't last very long.  I see a lot of people find them a pain to get on/off - personally I just used to tie it on once in the morning and pop the baby in and out all day.  I've heard this is easier to do with the Sleepy because of the extra stretch but the tradeoff is it is even more time-limited than the Moby.

The RS and wovens are truly good from birth to big-kid.

I have one SSC but don't like it and never use it. 

Me, DH, DD1 (5/2009) and DD2 (10/2011).
I'm not crunchy. I'm evidence-based.

Vaccines save lives.

#42 of 44 Old 10-22-2012, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

The Boba Air sound like a good supplemental carrier then. not a primary?

I got the Ergo winter weather cover and fleece this week....what a brilliant set up that is!! Especially for our rainy winters. 

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#43 of 44 Old 10-26-2012, 12:21 PM

I liked my handmade Meitai, and a MayaWrap ring sling. I didn't get an Ergo until my daughter had really outgrown it (found one for $5 at a garage sale) but I could still put my SEVEN YEAR OLD in it, and walk around, and, for just a second, look around the campsite frantically trying to figure out where she was.

If I were making a suggestion for a new mom, I'd say get the Ergo for long carrying, and an unpadded ring sling for quick in and outs.

#44 of 44 Old 10-29-2012, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

We had out first really successful outing with our KKAFP.  Man, I love that pouch!!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Tags
Babywearing , Ergo Baby Carrier , Moby Wrap

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page