Wrap users please explain the logistics... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-20-2004, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
of using a wrap for the back carry. I'm thinking I might ike to try one but I'm wondering if my *baby feeders* will end up squished??

banana.gif

#2 of 4 Old 04-20-2004, 09:34 AM

LOL they do end up a bit squished, but the pressure is more on the shoulders than the boobies. It also depends on what kind of wrap you have, a stretchy one (like moby or something made out of knit) will be more comfy on the naughty pillows than a non conforming woven, but a didy is conforming (like a maya) even though it is woven so it isn't bad at all.....this coming from a very well endowed wrap user!
#3 of 4 Old 04-20-2004, 03:36 PM

If I would wear a wrap a long time, like for a hike, I would cross in front over the breasts while doing a back carry.

But mostly, I prefer the rucksack style for the back carry. You can do all the same carries, just bring the straps over your shoulders and straight down under your armpits to the back, instead of crossing in front. I like this look much better.

Another thing I have seen on some website or other is putting a twist in the fabric where it crosses. So you would bring the fabric to the front, cross and twist it around an extra time or two, then bring the ends to the back. From the pictures I saw, it looks like this keeps the fabric above most of your breast tissue. Haven't tried it yet myself.
#4 of 4 Old 04-20-2004, 04:56 PM

a couple of things you can do. Rucksack where you wear itlike a backpack. Cross carry and twist the straps between your boobs but you get "torpedo boobs' lol. Or spread them out over, they will get slightly mashed but more comfy in the long run. You'll just look boobl-less. LOL! I prefer a jersey knit so it stretches. If a woven the rucksack or twisted are good choices. Have fun!

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page