arghhhh!!!! upgrade already!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 04-20-2004, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just want to look at the kozy carrier site and every time i go to it its down for exceded transfer or whatever

anyone have any suggestions for carriers that are similar?
#2 of 27 Old 04-20-2004, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Um, it works for me.

http://www.geocities.com/kozycarrier/index.html

Is that not the right site?

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#3 of 27 Old 04-20-2004, 06:52 PM

Yeah, the site does have a lot of downtime because geocities only allows for a certain alottment per hour.

The Equanimity Baby Mei Tei, or the Baby Backtie or the Packababy all are similar, but each has certain differences.
#4 of 27 Old 04-20-2004, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!
#5 of 27 Old 04-20-2004, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone have a link for instructions to make one of these (obviously for personal use only)? I would like to still carry my almost 3 year old, but the ring sling is too much for my body as he is too heavy.

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#6 of 27 Old 04-20-2004, 11:43 PM

Go here:

http://www.thebabywearer.com/lists/Sewing.htm

I have combined a couple of the different instructions and am adding my own twists in an attempt to make it perfect it for me. I wish I had more time. I find these irresistable to make!
#7 of 27 Old 04-21-2004, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

awesome! i think i will try to make my own too..... i dont have the patience for the wait times :LOL
#8 of 27 Old 04-21-2004, 09:16 PM

Thanks Kristen, I should've known to check out thebabywearer.com! I want to have one made by May 2nd, LOL, cause I'm going to a May Day parade and want to carry Leif on my back

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#9 of 27 Old 04-21-2004, 09:27 PM

Um I think it is time for the kozy people to get a REAL website don't you? I mean they seem to be gaining popularity pretty fast, and real sites aren't that expensive!

And hey Tiff, I made/make slings all the time and I am no where near the sewing goddess you are so you won't have a problem with it I am sure
#10 of 27 Old 04-21-2004, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

sewing goddess.... : maybe that should be my member title
#11 of 27 Old 04-21-2004, 11:21 PM

i agree marnie, definiately time for a Real Website!!!!! she is quite popular

tiff, you totally are the sewing goddess, and i KNOW you could make one of these perfectly, in about 30 min right? if you would like a real example to copy from i would be happy to "rent" you mine to see LMK
#12 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 04:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I was under the impression the Kozy makin' mama (forgive me for forgetting her name, she is really nice) is planning to upgrade her site. I know she's expecting a wee one, I imagine she doesn't have the time or energy to do a lot of website changes right now.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#13 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mamaBlue
I was under the impression the Kozy makin' mama (forgive me for forgetting her name, she is really nice) is planning to upgrade her site. I know she's expecting a wee one, I imagine she doesn't have the time or energy to do a lot of website changes right now.
LOL well being knocked up myself I totally understand that one! but at least move it off geocities! get a free server with some balls! sorry I know it is tough just starting out, and then being pregnant too, but here is to hoping she is feeling good and can get some work done soon!

And Tiff sewing goddess is what I consider you, Dana you think it would take her 30 mins? please I have seen her do pants and 3 diapers in less time .....LOL she is the master....
#14 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wemoon
Anyone have a link for instructions to make one of these (obviously for personal use only)? I would like to still carry my almost 3 year old, but the ring sling is too much for my body as he is too heavy.
Jeni have you been to the Yahoo sewing list yet?? Since you can obviously sew thats a good place to go. We have swaps and we each get someone elses name and make them a carrier of thier choice. You could make one of yours and get a ABC in return. They also are awesome for helping out with ideas. I've gotten 1 ABC from the swap already and am recieving another one, last I checked my swap partner was still working on it. I LOVE to swap products when possible! Anyways heres the link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slingsewing/ You'll recognize most the girls I'm pretty sure.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#15 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by allformyboys
LOL well being knocked up myself I totally understand that one! but at least move it off geocities! get a free server with some balls! sorry I know it is tough just starting out, and then being pregnant too, but here is to hoping she is feeling good and can get some work done soon!

And Tiff sewing goddess is what I consider you, Dana you think it would take her 30 mins? please I have seen her do pants and 3 diapers in less time .....LOL she is the master....
She is extremely backed up on work right ow so I'm sure she is doing all she can. Because of the way Geocities is set up you just cant move it to another site, it doesnt work. last I heard she is planning on upgrading to a new website but right now she is very busy. She is super nice, so PLEASE have patience. I'm sure the wait is well worth it! And even to upgrade Geocities it would be hours worth of work.. trust me I used free geocities and upgraded, it was no picnic! And then I finally had to hire someone to finish it because I couldnt get it the way I wanted it using the basic Geocities setup.

#16 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristine3Kids
And even to upgrade Geocities it would be hours worth of work..
I want to agree with this. I used to run my site on Yahoo - which is the pay version of Geocities - and when I switched to wahmshoppes it took me DAYS to make my new site. Kelly probably just doesn't have time to fiddle with it and already has so much biz from her current site.

I hear Kozys are worth the wait!
#17 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 10:52 AM

I hear you all there! I'm on a free geocities right now and trying as hard as I can to get my site moved to wahmshops. I'm hoping that by the end of the month it will be moved. I basically had to recreate my whole site, and learn a whole new process for doing so.

Kristine, thanks for the link. I would LOVE to join the swap, but you know what? I have so many boards and mailing lists that I just couldn't possibly keep up right now! I'm going to try to make one myself, and of course show you all if I accomplish it!

#18 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 12:37 PM

Can you use free geocities for a business? I thought it was for personal use only? I guess I just assumed that businesses on geocities already paid for it.

Anyway I understand what you mean about the geocities, when I first got a computer (like 6 years ago) I used their free builder to make a site, and I don't know what the heck that thing does to HTML but it isn't human

I understand being busy and behind, who needs more business when you can't keep up as it is (which is my motto with people asking me to advertise...) I mean if you can't keep stock in the store why would you pay to advertise?

I hope she is doing better soon, has a wonderfully healthy baby and gets caught up! I hear wonderful things about her slings and well I do web design and building if she would ever want to trade a carrier for a new site....

ETA I totally didn't mean to put her down or make her feel bad about her site, it is just frustrating for someone wanting to see what they look like yk? I wasn't being snarky and honest I didn't mean anything mean by it!
#19 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Can you use free geocities for a business? I thought it was for personal use only? I guess I just assumed that businesses on geocities already paid for it.
I'm not sure if you are 'suposed' to but everyone does anyways. It has popups on it and thats why its free, they get paid by the popups. I use the pay version of Geocities so no popups and better support for business. Email accounts and website stat tracking, more mg storage and transfer. I dont even get close to maxing it out yet. The free ones dont offer much for data transfer and I was always down when I had the free site. But its a super lot of work... lol. I ended up starting from scratch when I made the upgrade because it doesnt transfer... ugh!!

You are right the pagebuilder HTML is soooo messy!! I like geo for hosting but hate the pagebuilder now, but luckily was able to ditch pagebuilder.

Hmm wonder if this whole thread belongs on WAHMwell?

#20 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 01:24 PM

Ok made one. I think I need the straps wider though cause they really arn't too comfy for me, or even some padding. Leif loved it though!

http://www.wisewomansling.wahmworld....s/pics/ABC.jpg

Oh and don't mind my look, I'm STILL in my PJ's...yes I know it is almost noon!

#21 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 02:34 PM

Looks really cool

I have been on the waiting list since the beginning of March- I can't wait for my Kozy.
#22 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 02:39 PM

That turned out great! The straps look at least as wide or wider by a smidge than the Kozy and EBMT. Getting the baby as high as possible helps. You might want to angle the straps out over his bum a bit more so it is giving some support to the seat. I also like to tie it so the body of the carrier comes up out of the top of the waist "strap" rather than down out of the bottom. That way they don't hang down in a saggy seat. Does that make sense? I definitely had to play around with different tying methods with my EBMT before I found one that was really comfy.
#23 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 03:29 PM

Whoa, not sure if I understand your describing! LOL Do you have a pic? For that matter, is there a site that has description and pics of how to use the carrier? If I can squeak a few months more of babywearing with this carrier, that would be awesome.

#24 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 04:10 PM

I have a pic but it's huge because I can't size anything right now. I can email it to you. My EBMT has way-long straps, though. I cross them under baby's bum then bring them under her legs and back around to the front of my waist to tie.

Let me see if I can describe better the waist strap thing. When I put on my EBMT, I tie it on my waist first like an apron that is hangaing down the back instead of the front. BUT, instead of the body of the carrier hanging straight down like a regular apron would, I tie it on "upside down," so the body of the carrier goes up, then hangs down. Is that any clearer? Prolly not
#25 of 27 Old 04-22-2004, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

rofl - dana and marnie you too are silly in order to sew id have to actually get over the first trimest fatigue :LOL

wemoon--- that looks awesome!!!! I am definately going to try one now....

I didnt know the kozy mama was pregnant! congrats to her!!!
#26 of 27 Old 04-23-2004, 12:43 AM

that homemade one looks awesome!!! the straps are wider than the straps on my kozy.

we don't tie ours the way kelley says to. we tie our like the baby back tie, or under the legs and butt. if i tie it above their legs they get red indentation marks
#27 of 27 Old 04-23-2004, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mama2kyla
rofl - dana and marnie you too are silly in order to sew id have to actually get over the first trimest fatigue :LOL
Well luckily the first trimester doesn't last forever! Now that I am out I am feeling SO much better! get sewing woman....(cracking the whip-just call me Amy )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page