Can we make a list of breathable material carriers? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-04-2012, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just looking into options, seems like some of the carriers that are not for small babies , like some ring sling type wraps, are made with non breathable padding, like the beco gemini for example , poly something.. Does anyone else have major issues with these type of synthetic &what have you found? Is there something out there? Cotton, hemp, linen are good for me..not sure what else,..how to avoid hot sticky padding?
#2 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Coming back with my slowly but surely research. I found out the organic ergo has cotton padding , not polyester, and just foam in the shoulders&hips(i think). Maybe this is the only one out there with this kind of support that is breathable beside a wrap? Still plugging away, just happy to find something that looks do -able for those of us sensitive to those synthetics.
#3 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Now it seems like I am noticing that when it says "organic", the padding is also, like organic boba. I thought there would be so few, now i will have to look into differences. Wish i had friends to try these on, are they really all so different? Guess i will have to start an organic thread.
#4 of 5 Old 12-14-2012, 10:04 AM

Can you look for a babywearing group in your area?  A lot of them allow you to rent, or other mamas may let you try out their stuff.

If you would like all natural fibers, easiest route may be a woven wrap.  I know Natibaby makes cotton/linen blends.

#5 of 5 Old 12-14-2012, 10:30 AM

I wonder if a mei tai (in particular a wrap conversion with wrap straps) or a woven wrap might work for you. You can get a pretty even view of what is out there by joining and browsing the Facebook Babywearing Swap page. A lot of wraps and wrap conversions are investments, but many who buy used or even new end up eventually reselling for the purchase price.

I should say that I have a classic Ergo, and while I prefer my clothing in natural fibers, I never have had issues with the carrier feeling uncomfortable.

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page