transitioning BACK to wearing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-20-2012, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My second DD has always been a big baby and was an early walker so I got out of the habit of wearing her.  However, with her and my oldest running around I don't feel safe in public anymore.  She's 24+ lbs, average height and is very physical.  Any recommendations?  I have a ring sling, a moby and a mama made mei tai.  I would love to spend the money on something nice but don't know that it's really in the budget.  And if she's the last baby, I don't know how much use it would get.  Also, how would you go about getting her back in the habit?  There have been many fits thrown...

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-23-2012, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would vote for a Kinderpack.  They are pricey, but they are great for carrying heavier babies and children.  Resale on such carriers seems to be pretty good, too.  There's a babywearing swap group on FB that might have something you'd like.  I purchased a wrap from the group and was pleased.  There's feedback for buyers and sellers.  Has something like 10,000+ members.  As far as getting back into babywearing, it may take some struggles at the start (and help from another adult if she stiffens up), but I bet she'll come to love it again. smile.gif

Mothering an Autumn (08) , a Spring (11) , and another Autumn! (Nov. 2013)

Taking what works and leaving the rest

Tags
Babywearing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page