newborn, poppable carrier - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-02-2013, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm looking for something suitable for newborns and also quick and easy to get in and out.  Baby is due early August, so something cooler is also a plus.  My DDs will be 6 and close to 4 when the baby comes.   We're going to be doing 3 in the backseat  for a while (though DD1 will be at school by late Aug, and I shouldn't need to take them all out at once by myself for a while).  We're considering a convertible seat rather than a bucket for the baby.  If we go with that, I really would need something quick and easy for the baby.  I have an ergo, which I love, for when baby is older.  I really need something suitable for littles though. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I loved my Baby K'tan. The way the carrier holds the baby is similar to a moby but it is not a wrap. You just put it over your head,put your arms through and pop the baby in. It was a lifesaver for us.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I have been using my Beco Gemini almost exclusively for this babe. In fact I'm so dependant on it that we just ordered another one because I can't cope when we have to wash it!

I've been using it since my LO was just a few days old and it is summer here now. We are both sweaty but it's not unbearable.

I froggied her legs the first time but after that I have just left her legs out and she seems more comfortable that way.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Old 01-08-2013, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I like the idea of the K'tan.  I know a lot of people like the Moby, but I've always been intimidated by all the wrapping. 

The becos are more than I want to spend for my last baby, but they sure are beautiful. 

Anybody have experience with a ring sling or hotsling-type and infants?   I know they're supposed to be ok for newborns, but I'm wondering if head support might be harder to get correctly than the k'tan.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 PM

I loved my stretchy wrap for DS when he was a newborn.  t was super easy to pre-tie and pop him in and out of when we were running errands, going to the park etc.  It was also awesome to get him to nap in; I have an older child as well and getting baby to lay down somewhere for a nap just isn't always an option when another one needs you too!! I love ring slings and mei tai's, but they just weren't great options for me when he was a newborn-I don't find that they're as supportive for a teeny baby.

My wrap was the same material as a Moby, but it was waaayyyy shorter, and therefore so much easier to use.  Mine was a Canadian brand called a Monkeywrap (not sure where you're located) but I'm pretty sure that there are some similar, shorter options in the States too. 

Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 PM

I love my ringslings for newborns! Very quick and easy!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:08 PM

I was happy with my hotsling for my newborns. You do need to be aware of positioning, but I found it poppable and comfy. I also did the pretied moby. Mostly used the ergo with the insert--pretty quick to use also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 PM

I tried both ring and pouch slings with my first babe and didn't like them. I found it too hard to get a secure upright position (both my newborns want to be upright) and, even at that size I found a one shoulder carry uncomfortable.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 PM

Have you tried eBay? There are some Beco Geminis on there for less than $100.

Tags
Babywearing
User Tag List