Diaper bags and babywearing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there,

I want to know what ya'll do as far as diaper bags.

We babywear constantly and ALWAYS out in public.  I hate dragging a big diaper bag along (DS is 5mo...still needs a lot of "stuff"), as it's starting to really hurt my shoulders and become a nuisance.  I've really considered buying a comfortable backpack to see if that helps.

Any suggestions?  What do you carry?

#2 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 05:59 AM

I used a back pack a lot, especially when going anywhere I was going to be walking a bunch.  It even can help you feel more balanced.  I got one I really liked from ll bean with enough pockets for my things to be easy to find.

#3 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 06:09 AM

For years we used the Baby Sherpa backpack, it has tons of storage and a cold storage area on the bottom. Really any comfy back pack will do in conjunction with your carrier, I've found the Moby works well for newborns and little ones, then I progressed to the Ergo when the weight of baby and neck control developed. I threw on the wrap and baby, then came the back pack and we are mobile!

I loved being free of the cumbersome stroller and would always prefer to schlep everything and everyone myself. It helps with exercise too, think about it you're carrying at least 15 lbs minimum while out walking or sightseeing.

Enjoy!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoabirdie View Post

Hi there,

I want to know what ya'll do as far as diaper bags.

We babywear constantly and ALWAYS out in public.  I hate dragging a big diaper bag along (DS is 5mo...still needs a lot of "stuff"), as it's starting to really hurt my shoulders and become a nuisance.  I've really considered buying a comfortable backpack to see if that helps.

Any suggestions?  What do you carry?
#4 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

thanks guys!

we're pretty much an ergo family, although I have several other carriers, and I'm thinking that as much as I have resisted a backpack, it's just time.

I appreciate your input!

#5 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 06:46 PM

Maybe ditch the stuff? I hear you on the diaper bag, I am the type of woman who can't even deal with a wallet, let alone a purse. I usually have a few bucks in cash, some chapstick, and my debit card stuffed in my back pocket. I use the front pouches of the ERGO to hold a few extra diapers, change of clothes, a few snacks now that DS is older and find this works best for me, as I like my hands free. If I have to lug a lot of stuff I use a back pack or pack a bag, but leave it in the car.

Me, slinggirl.gif mama to 1.5 yr old kid.gifDS, step mama to two tweens, married to a sarcastic sports nut censored.gif. We are unschooling! mdcblog5.gif http://twocoolfourschool.wordpress.com/

#6 of 7 Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avismama24 View Post

Maybe ditch the stuff? I hear you on the diaper bag, I am the type of woman who can't even deal with a wallet, let alone a purse. I usually have a few bucks in cash, some chapstick, and my debit card stuffed in my back pocket. I use the front pouches of the ERGO to hold a few extra diapers, change of clothes, a few snacks now that DS is older and find this works best for me, as I like my hands free. If I have to lug a lot of stuff I use a back pack or pack a bag, but leave it in the car.

This!  Except DD is in a ring sling.  We CD unless we're traveling and I don't want to lug back a bag full of wet/dity diapers, so I pretty much pack what I need and leave it in the car.  Only thing I carry is a small wrist purse with money, phone, keys and it's small enough that I can clip it to the ring with a carabener (sp??).

#7 of 7 Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 AM

If you do carry stuff (as I do), find the best backpack you can! It will be doubly useful once your LO starts walking and you have to chase them! I wish I never got a diaper bag but went straight to the backpack. It makes things so much easier!

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page