Best Baby Carrier of All Time? What Would You Recommend? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

1Likes

#31 of 40 Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Love Líllebaby COMPLETE. Have been using it from day 1 with the insert. Now, 4 month later Im still using it and can't imagine my life without it. It fits me and daddy perfectly; adjustable and organic. Very easy to adjust and nurse in. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 AM

I loved my Moby wrap when my daughter was an infant. I could just put it on in the morning and keep it on all the time, even if she wasn't in it. I'd take her out of the carseat and just pop her into the Moby. It was great. I actually wore her in it until she was almost a year old. She's petite, so that wouldn't work for all babies.

When she was an older baby/young toddler I wore her in a 2005 style Ergo, which I got for her brother when he was six months old. I like the Ergo but don't love it. I do really love the pocket on the front, though. Ergo no longer claims this, but, when I bought mine in 2005, their upper weight limit was listed as 60lbs. I've actually tested this.  We were on a long hike in the hot summer. My 18 month old had been in the Ergo but wanted some walking time. My 7 year old was exhausted. So I let him try out riding in the Ergo. It was basically like giving him a piggyback ride with extra support. I wouldn't want to do it for a long time, but it's doable.

My new favorite soft structured carrier, which hasn't been mentioned yet, is the BabyHawk OhSnap! It has a much higher back than the Ergo (even a little bit higher than the Boba), and is wider than both the Ergo and the Boba. It supports my two year old perfectly in the preferred "knees higher than butt" position. In the front carry position, the straps are crossed, which makes it quite comfortable. I found the clip dug into my back in the front carry with the Ergo. In the back carry, the straps go over your shoulders like a backpack and the chest clip is highly adjustable. As a bonus, the OhSnap has the largest variety of fabric panel and strap color choices I've ever come across. You design it yourself from a choice of about a dozen strap colors and dozens of fabric panels. You can even send them your own fabric and have a completely customized look for an extra fee. I think the OhSnap is hands down the best carrier for toddlers and preschoolers, and would work for infants starting around 6-9 months.

Happy transplanted resident of the "not so deep" Southsmile.gif. Married to a great man for 9 years and countinglove.gif. Mom to two wonderful gifts from God: DS (8) jog.gifalways moving, atypically thinking, ballet dancing boy and long-awaited DD (2) fly-by-nursing1.gifcuddly, curious, fearless, book loving girl.

#33 of 40 Old 03-08-2013, 07:01 AM

If I could only choose one carrier I would choose a Woven wrap with enough length (5m at least). That would fit for all ages and there so many possibilities on how you can wear it. Use it as a sling, hip carry, front carry, have baby on your back, two shoulders, one shoulder etc... 

However, If I could have more than one carrier...

Infant to 6 months:
- I use a sling or wrap. Mostly a Sling.

6 months and more:
- A sling for hip carries and nursing
- A SSC for back carries

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)

#34 of 40 Old 03-08-2013, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

For newborns, a ring sling.  They are quicker and easier than wraps in my opinion.  I recommend a Sakura Bloom or any Sleeping Baby Productions sling, or a Maya Wrap Ring Sling.

For an all around newborn to toddler carrier the absolute BEST, hands down is the Beco Butterfly 2.  It has a newborn insert that comes with it... no need to purchase extra accessories.  It has an internal harness that makes back carries a cinch for newbies.  You can use it from birth to toddler and is weight rated to 45 lbs.  It is the most comfortable carrier I have ever worn.  The only down side is 1.) To open the buckles you have to use 2 hands but once you get the hang of that it is second nature.  and 2.) They don't make them anymore.  They stopped making them in Dec. of 2012 but you can still find new ones on Amazon and at Frogmama.com as well as other online retailers.  You can also get used ones through swaps online as well.  They are just so awesome I can't imagine why they stopped making them, but I would recommend them for anyone!!!

#35 of 40 Old 11-28-2014, 02:48 AM

The Comfort king is ergonomic Cybex carrier developed by orthopedists, designed to support back and is designed to support baby's round back, individual adjustments can be made to support baby head

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Agagedly1964; 01-15-2016 at 05:14 AM.
#36 of 40 Old 05-24-2015, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I liked my stretchy wrap. I will try the K'tan with the next baby

Me 30
SO 33
DS 8
and hoping for 1 more
#37 of 40 Old 11-29-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie Mayo View Post
<p>Hey everyone!</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>We're pulling together a guide on the best baby carrier choices to help mamas who are new to babywearing and we would love your feedback!</strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you tell us what your favorite baby carrier/sling of all time is in any/all of these three categories?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Infant to 3 Months</p>
<p> </p>
<p>3 to 12 Months</p>
<p> </p>
<p>12 Months and Older</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, if you have a specific review of a baby carrier you would like to share we would really like to include it in the guide to help other mamas. <a href="http://www.mothering.com/community/products/category/babywearing">Reviews can be left in our reviews section</a> and I will check there as well as this thread for your feedback. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks so much for your help!</p>
0 - 3 months Boba Wrap
3+ months Boba Carrier
This is my winning duo! I also have a woven wrap, ring sling and Boba Air. The wrap/SSC combo is the best! Cheers!
#38 of 40 Old 12-02-2016, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda McClure View Post
For newborns, a ring sling.  They are quicker and easier than wraps in my opinion.  I recommend a Sakura Bloom or any Sleeping Baby Productions sling, or a Maya Wrap Ring Sling.

For an all around newborn to toddler carrier the absolute BEST, hands down is the Beco Butterfly 2.  It has a newborn insert that comes with it... no need to purchase extra accessories.  It has an internal harness that makes back carries a cinch for newbies.  You can use it from birth to toddler and is weight rated to 45 lbs.  It is the most comfortable carrier I have ever worn.  The only down side is 1.) To open the buckles you have to use 2 hands but once you get the hang of that it is second nature.  and 2.) They don't make them anymore.  They stopped making them in Dec. of 2012 but you can still find new ones on Amazon and at Frogmama.com as well as other online retailers.  You can also get used ones through swaps online as well.  They are just so awesome I can't imagine why they stopped making them, but I would recommend them for anyone!!!
i accept with you : Grin:
#39 of 40 Old 02-07-2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda McClure View Post

Sorry Amanda, but I cannot agree with you there.

We've a Beco Butterfly 2 and although its ease of use, it's way no healthy for babies. They're somehow "hung" in that carrier meaning that baby's not able to put his knees apart and cannot bend her back enough.

I wouldn't use a ring sling either for an infant, but that's not because it's not health. I just better like the standard wrap sling. Baby can be closer to my body and feel me breathing.

Since many moms ask me this question, I'm gonna do a write up on this on my blog soon if interested.

Absolute best way to go IMHO is a sling wrap.

No offense,
Claire
xoxo
#40 of 40 Old 04-19-2017, 01:44 AM
Banned

Thanks for the replies here, it will be very useful for me. I want to get a baby carrier from Aliexpress. My good friend has just received one from there. There is a really nice order tracking system at https://www.findpare.com/track-my-package and the delivery is free which makes shopping there even cheaper. It is a really awesome shopping website for moms, I guess

Last edited by Vladasea; 05-17-2017 at 03:58 AM.

Tags
Babywearing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page