Best Carrier for Bad Shoulder/Neck Issues - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-13-2013, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!

I've have a 7-month-old who I haven't been carrying in a carrier due to severe shoulder/neck issues (car accidents, neck operation, etc.)  My husband does carry her in a Baby Bjorn. 

Lately, I've been feeling like maybe I could give carrying her a try. She's easier to carry in general as she's gotten older and my neck/shoulder issues have been a bit better than usual.  

Which carriers would you suggest trying? I need one that distributes the baby's weight as much as possible away from my upper body. I know the Baby Bjorn doesn't work for me.

Thanks for all of your thoughts! I would really really love to use a baby carrier!

Annie

#2 of 3 Old 03-13-2013, 05:02 PM

I have neck and shoulder issues as well and found that the Ergo worked pretty well for me, because the baby's weight is mainly distributed to your hips, like a frame backpack.

Fledgling midwife on hiatus, Wife to B, mama to C (c/s ribboncesarean.gif 12/04) and S hbac.gif (12/07), angel3.gif m/c (3/12) and expecting another bean 6/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#3 of 3 Old 03-17-2013, 03:38 PM

How about the Action Baby carrier? It has a strap that can be criss-crossed so baby's weight is evenly spread on the back plus it has a hip belt for added support. I had a backache before(on my first carrier) but when I've used the ABC there is no more backache even for after a long hours of BWing.ROTFLMAO.gif

What is the weight of your baby? Their toddler carrier, has a weight limit of 15-45lbs, is wider and support extends to the kness which might be suitable for your baby. Hope this helps!joy.gif

Living is great but being a MOM is even better

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page