What's the BEST ring sling!? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-25-2013, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My baby is due July 29, hottest part of the year, and I'll be gardening a lot, etc.  I want a thinner material (I have a Hotsling that is thick cotton and baby sits way down in it- too hot!) sling, and havent had the best of luck with carriers in the past anyway, so wanted to try the Ring sling, seems to fit all my criteria!!  So my question, which is the best one???  I was looking at some on etsy, but I just dont know if they will be quality slings, if I am getting a good product, etc.  Anyone actually have a ring sling that they LOVE?  Who is experienced in ring slings?  No I have no babywearing group or LLL group anywhere even remotely close to me, so online is all I've got!!  If you can recommend something please do!!  Also open to buying one used if anyone has one they want to part with??  :)

Thanks!!

#2 of 12 Old 03-26-2013, 12:17 PM

maya wrap makes a great ring sling and it's easy to order. amazon carries them. Ring slings are my favorite carrier...

Good luck!
#3 of 12 Old 03-26-2013, 01:10 PM

I started out with a Hava sling, which was beautiful but just "too much." It had padded rails, which made snugging it up for a newborn difficult. The fabric was machine-woven cotton, so not as breathable. I returned it.
Switched to a Maya wrap sling and love it! Much simpler. Fabric is hand-woven and thus more breathable and has more of a natural "give" to it. It's been great for my DS, now 10 weeks.
Gauze and mesh slings also are great, but I've only seen them in my group--not sure who sells them.
#4 of 12 Old 03-26-2013, 02:26 PM

I LOVED the comfy Joey linen ring sling for my summer baby. We used it constantly. It was super comfortable for both of is. In fact, I'm done with babies for the time being greensad.gif, and was planning to sell it--send me a message if you're interested and I can send you some pictures before I list it elsewhere.
#5 of 12 Old 03-26-2013, 03:27 PM

Love my mayawrap...it's the best. Works for us in Hawaii.
#6 of 12 Old 03-26-2013, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Love my upmama sling.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#7 of 12 Old 03-26-2013, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Sent you a message Alaura5,  Does anyone have a medium Maya wrap sling for sale by chance???  They're so expensive on Amazon!!  Anywhere I can get them used?  I hear there's a baby carrier BST facebook group, anyone know what it is by chance?  Thanks :)

#8 of 12 Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 AM

I LOVE my Maya ring sling...definitely my go- to carrier!!

#9 of 12 Old 03-27-2013, 01:42 PM

@1love4ever: I got my Maya on eBay for about $35. There were several listed, some more than others, so maybe try your luck there!
#10 of 12 Old 03-27-2013, 02:49 PM

Have you checked out Sleeping Baby Productions at all?  Jan has a selection of in-stock slings in a variety of fabrics (the website "rates" the fabrics in terms of suitability for hot or cold weather, softness for newborns or supportive strength for toddlers and so on. She usually ha available some wrap conversions, which are amazing), and her pleated shoulder style is sooo comfortable. Her prices are very reasonable.  If I had discovered Sleeping Baby Productions earlier, I'd only have one carrier (my SBP wrap conversion ring sling) instead of several.  I use my ring sling with my 2.5 year old regularly, while the SSC and wraps more frequently hang in the closet. I love it.  

toddler.giffamilybed1.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF  waterbirth.jpg. Can't wait to homeschool.gif.

gd.gifsigncirc1.gifwhale.gif
#11 of 12 Old 03-27-2013, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Cool Midwesterner, no I havent even heard of that can u provide a link?  Sounds great!  Doesn anyone have any slings that the recommend Against??  Thank you!!

#12 of 12 Old 03-28-2013, 11:57 AM

Here is a link to Sleeping Baby Productions (often known as SBP): http://www.sleepingbaby.net/slingified.php. There is also a swap of gently used SBP slings on Facebook, if you are a member: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sleeping-baby-productions-sling-swap/204119742991206?ref=ts&fref=ts.  Many of them are also sold on The Babywearer.com; some people also have luck on DiaperSwappers. HTH!

toddler.giffamilybed1.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIF  waterbirth.jpg. Can't wait to homeschool.gif.

gd.gifsigncirc1.gifwhale.gif

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page