Freedom Together in the Spring Sweepstakes Sponsored by Boba - Win a Boba Carrier 3G - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#241 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I liked the pages and shared the link :)

#242 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:44 PM

I love that my baby falls asleep whenever he needs it in the carrier. That's the best way to be able to meet his needs and mine at the same time :)

#243 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:44 PM

My favorite thing about babywearing is getting to be close to my babies throughout the day while still getting out of the house!

#244 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:44 PM

How much sense it makes!

I haven't had my baby yet (due in November!), but I am already sold on babywearing. My sister-in-law had her baby last spring and had one of the wrap-type carriers. I loved that she was able to keep her baby safe and close and comforted while being able to do just about anything she needed to do. Her son was upright and wasn't troubled by his colic nearly as much as when they had to lay him down, even at an angle, and he was able to sleep much of the time. Another poster mentioned how it prevents unwanted baby-touching. As we all know, it's hard to keep people away from a lovely babe, but we need to protect them from all the potential infection sources. Keeping baby close & in your personal space gives you time to have people use hand sanitizer first or just plain keep them away if they are sick. I love that I can carry my now infant nephew on one hip in the sling-type carrier now and not have my arm fall asleep or turn to jelly when he doesn't want to get down. I love that I will be able to keep my baby where I want him or her, on my chest, but still be able to move about. If it weren't for babycarriers, I probably will never get out of bed/chair with babe!

#245 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:45 PM

My favorite thing about babywearing is being able to get stuff done while still nurturing my children. We can talk, make eye contact, play and bond all while keeping my hands free and allowing me to get other necessities completed (cleaning, shopping, working, etc).

Mom/Wife/Minister. DS Anderson 12/06. Hoping and praying for baby #2!

Looking forward to all these things again ---> winner.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifslinggirl.gifcd.gif

If I hide myself wherever I go, am I ever really there? - Barenaked Ladies

#246 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:47 PM

i am a facebook fan of both pages and shared on my Adventures in Green Living page on facebook!! 

#247 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:49 PM

I love how my daughter falls asleep on me. I get to cuddle with her but still have two hands free to get things done.
#248 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:49 PM

Liked and shared!
#249 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:49 PM

I liked Boba and Mothering on facebook!

Mom/Wife/Minister. DS Anderson 12/06. Hoping and praying for baby #2!

Looking forward to all these things again ---> winner.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifslinggirl.gifcd.gif

If I hide myself wherever I go, am I ever really there? - Barenaked Ladies

#250 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My favorite thing about babywearing is not having to lug a stroller around!

I'm Kate! I treehugger.gif   knit.gif   hang.gif   and adore my DSbabyf.gif11/12 and stork-suprise.gif 10/14. We goorganic.jpg gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif toddler.gif slingboy.gif familybed1.gifcd.gif 
#251 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:50 PM

I will be a mom of three soon, currently 38 weeks pregnant and my favorite thing about baby wearing is that I could use my double stroller for the older two and have my youngest snuggled unto me safely, especially if I'm out alone with the kids! Wow, how would I even go out without it? joy.gif
#252 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:50 PM

My favorite thing about babywearing is being able to keep my daughter close while we experience life together! It gives us both a sense of peace, and her confidence knowing her mama is near! I am a fan of Mothering & Boba! Thank you!
#253 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:53 PM

My favorite thing about baby wearing is that I can be close to my baby. I can hold her and nurse her. She can feel loved and protected.
#254 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:54 PM

Liked Boba & Mothering on FB
#255 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:55 PM

i love everything about babywearing! i love having my son close to be with access to breastfeeding, love that i have my hands free but can still snuggle with him :) , love giving him 'piggyback rides' that don't break my arms, & love being able to go for long hikes with the family & be able to pop him in there when he gets tired! thanks!!

#256 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:56 PM

love having my baby close.

#257 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:58 PM

My favorite thing about babywearing is being able to "adventure walk" with my big boy. He prefers to steer clear of the well-worn paths no matter where we are, and baywearing enables me (and our little boy) to always take the adventure with him :)

#258 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 12:59 PM

My favorite thing about babywearing is that not only can I wear the baby, but the baby's father can too! We have a carrier right now that has had so much use it is beginning to fray at the edges. It is adjustable so I can wear it (I am only 4 ft 10 in), and my husband can too (he is 6 ft). Our current smallest child just turned 2 and LOVES to go on walks with his Daddy. With another baby on the way this fall, a new carrier would be wonderful. :)

#259 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 PM

It's having the closeness and connection to the baby, without the strain on your arms! :D

#260 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
My favorite thing about baby wearing is that I can keep my baby close, cuddley, and happy while getting work done around the house and homeschooling my other 3 children :-)

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#261 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 01:05 PM

I love the closeness I feel with my daughter while wearing her. And let's face it, I get more done when she happy and not needing constant attention because she already has it!

-Sierra- I am a homebirthing, baby wearing, toddler chasing mommy. I am a strong, independent, damn proud, U.S. Army wife to an OIF veteran. I am a passionate, caring, supportive, doula & aspiring midwife.
#262 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 01:05 PM

I'm a fan of mothering on fb (:

-Sierra- I am a homebirthing, baby wearing, toddler chasing mommy. I am a strong, independent, damn proud, U.S. Army wife to an OIF veteran. I am a passionate, caring, supportive, doula & aspiring midwife.
#263 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 01:06 PM

I'm a fan of boba on fb (:

#264 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 01:08 PM

What isn't a favourite thing of babywearing?! buddamomimg1.png First and foremost, the most important thing...HANDS FREE! clap.gif It's like your bluetooth for baby :). Even when you're at home you can still use carriers! It makes cleaning and doing household chores dishes.gifwash.gifhang.gif (swiffering, folding clothes, putting away dishes) much more easier! You don't have to wonder where your LO is or what they might be getting into fencing.gif(lord knows that's always a toss up!). Considering motherhood DOES teach you how to do almost any and everything with ONE hand, its more than convinient to have them both! When venturing out, things are much simpler. You have your LO right next to you close and comfortable. That way you can push carts (and not have to put LO in the germ infested grocery carts) with ease, and what LO doesn't like to be snuggled up warm next to mommy and getting all the attention!? This also takes out the need to have a pushchair..less bulk when travelling is a plus considering all the other things you HAVE to have when venturing out with LO. Also, after feedings if your LO has reflux or any digestive issues that prevent them from laying down afterwards the carrier helps keep them upright and helps with the spitting up. Heck being able to have baby safely strapped to you gives you the option to do so much more...HECK, you could even paint a picture with LO hanging out in the sling! modifiedartist.gif LOVE IT!  I would love one of these for DP and I's 1st LO, as I have a feeling mye hands will be well full! I would definately like on FB , but unfortunately I don't do the FB thing, BUT I tell everyone about how wonderful mothering is, especially for support and finding people going through the same thing you are!

Meehrainbow1284.gif (25) and DPrainbow1284.gif (35) Started TTC DS/DD #1Jan12 IUI #1 2/12-BFN, IUI #2 Oct12-BFN. IUI#3-BFN Mar13-BFFN, Jan14- ???--Giving it a go at home this time with KD and fresh swimmersribbonrainbow.gif 

chartnew.gif  www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fee2806

#265 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 01:12 PM

My favorite thing about babywearing is the snuggles and closeness it allows for with my son. I also really appreciated avoiding hauling a stroller through the subway system in NYC when he was small :)

mama to my little lion, Ariel since 10 Aug 2007
all about love
#266 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 01:13 PM

I love how it's such a gentle transition from being inside to being outside  :)

#267 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 01:13 PM

I love bw-ing because I don't have to worry about where my child is. I love having my babies close and in kiss reach!
#268 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 01:15 PM

Our favorite thing about babywearing is the freedom.  We once had a connection to make in O'Hare, with only 30 minutes to spare and the whole terminal to traverse.  We made it, only because I was wearing our 10-month old.  Never would have with a stroller!  And he enjoyed the ride :)  

#269 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 01:15 PM

Shared and liked both on Facebook :) 

mama to my little lion, Ariel since 10 Aug 2007
all about love
#270 of 495 Old 04-03-2013, 01:18 PM

I love 2 things about babywearing: I love that the feeling of having my child snuggled so close to me, and I also love the practicality of it - being about to do other things while holding and cuddling with my little one.

Closed Thread

Tags
Babywearing , Boba Carrier 3g

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page