How do you pick fabric? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-23-2004, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's a question that has been hanging over my head for awhile. Do you pick fabrics for your carriers for YOU or you DC? For example, if you will be carrying a baby boy do you pick "boy" or gender neutral colours?

The reason I ask is that I don't think I'll be finding out the gender of my new babe this time and it bugs me when it comes to picking colours for carrieres. I love the sari print at hotslings but I wonder if it is "wrong" to carry a boy in that kind of print. Will everyone assume I have a girl? Of course I know I can pick what ever the heck I like but I can't help but wonder what other people do in this situation.
#2 of 6 Old 04-23-2004, 04:04 PM

well personally i dont pick sling fabrics based on the gender of my babe...*i* am the one wearing it...the baby is only riding in it! the whole gender/color thing has always bugged me! lol i mean boys arent 'supposed' to wear pink, but girls can wear blue/ who made this stuff up anyway??
boys can wear pink and purple etc and it looks just as nice on them. but with slings, i think the fabric should be something the mom likes and will be happy wearing!
#3 of 6 Old 04-23-2004, 07:20 PM

I try to pick fabric I like. I try to keep gender in mind, but I also know it doesn't really matter after having my youngest is all pink and her still being mistaken for a boy.
#4 of 6 Old 04-23-2004, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well seeing as how I would never wear a pink sling, it makes it alot easier for me! My slings have all just been very neutral, one was hunter green, one khaki, one purple...and actually Leif rode in the purple one, didn't ever think that he *shouldn't be*. I think you should get a sling that you want and will like wearing everyday.

coffee-drinking caffix.gifsocial worker in HIV/AIDS ribbonred.giflady-loving ribbonrainbow.gifbike-riding bikenew.gifmom of two twins.gif
#5 of 6 Old 04-24-2004, 06:43 PM

I wear the Sari fabric from Hotslings and I have a boy. I pick my fabrics according to my outfits, not my baby's gender.
#6 of 6 Old 04-24-2004, 07:28 PM

It never even crossed my mind to pick a fabric according the gender of the baby. *shrug*. I always pick colors that I like.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page