Are all SSC's basically the same? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For some reason I find the Ergo to be very uncomfortable on my low back, right where the strap buckles, when using it on the front with my 9 month old.  Would another SSC give me the same issue since they all pretty much look the same with a waist strap/buckle and padded, backpack-like shoulder straps?  Is one better than the Ergo for low back pressure?  

I am primarily a woven wrap user, but want something quick for in/out of the car on errands, etc.  I love how the wrap spreads the weight across my upper back instead of down low.  I also have a ring sling that is not comfortable after about 5 minutes since it is just on one shoulder.  I need a two-shoulder option.  If it helps to know, my little guy is super tall (99th percentile) and about 20 lbs (50th percentile). I am also tall and thin.  Suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Mama to a sweet little redheaded girl, born 11/09; and my HBAC baby, little brother, born 7/12.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi mama-
Not all SSC's are the same! You would probably like an SSC that has crossing straps in the back. Action Baby Carrier, Oh Snap!, and the new Beco Soleil all have the option of crossing straps on the back. Also play with how low on hips you put the waist band to find the place that is most comfortable for you.

Good luck!
Kat

Tags
Babywearing
User Tag List