Carrier for 7 week old? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I originally bought the Baby K'Tan... and I love it.  But while my daughter seems to love it, I can't help but wonder if it's the right or wrong carrier for a baby her age.  Open to any recommendations.

--Breastfeeding----2nd grade Teaching----Cosleeping----Cloth Diapering -- --Bookworm Mom
#2 of 8 Old 05-05-2013, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found that pouch/sling carriers worked best until mine were around 3/4 months, then primarily used ergo. I never tried a wrap, though. That might have been the best supplement, but not necessarily as small and convenient as the pouch.
Backroads likes this.
#3 of 8 Old 05-07-2013, 05:41 AM

I used moby wrap in the newborn position till big enough for carrier. Baby had the appropriate body/neck/head support.
#4 of 8 Old 05-07-2013, 07:59 AM

I'm not familiar with the k'tan and age recommendations. I used an Ellaroo with my son when he was a newborn (woven wrap). He is 13 months and we still love it.
#5 of 8 Old 05-07-2013, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblueberry View Post

I used moby wrap in the newborn position till big enough for carrier. Baby had the appropriate body/neck/head support.

I'd say the K'Tan is fairly comparable with the Moby--it's kind of a pre-wrapped wrap.  

--Breastfeeding----2nd grade Teaching----Cosleeping----Cloth Diapering -- --Bookworm Mom
#6 of 8 Old 05-15-2013, 09:29 AM

I have two 7 week old babies. One child loves the K'tan and sleeps curled up in it. The other is a back archer and wont have anything to do with it. Prefers to be upright in a sling with her head and shoulders out. But since she's still working on head control, I'm not truly hands free. Haven't tried the X carry with the K'tan yet. Which positions are you using? Wish I had the next larger size as mine would be more versatile I think. 

Wild crazy in love with DF hug.gif. Starting a family together with his pups dog2.gif, my cats cat.gif and our twin girls, born 3-26-13. familybed2.gif

#7 of 8 Old 05-15-2013, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma-bear View Post

I have two 7 week old babies. One child loves the K'tan and sleeps curled up in it. The other is a back archer and wont have anything to do with it. Prefers to be upright in a sling with her head and shoulders out. But since she's still working on head control, I'm not truly hands free. Haven't tried the X carry with the K'tan yet. Which positions are you using? Wish I had the next larger size as mine would be more versatile I think. 

She's still little, so we've just been using the Kangaroo cary.  I've tried to put her in a cradled position, but I don't have the talent.  The first K'Tan I bought was too big for me, so I gave it to my sister for when she helps with this one.  She can stick Baby in that in a cradle carry with no problem.

#8 of 8 Old 05-16-2013, 11:29 AM

My little one is almost two months and we use the k'tan breeze almost daily. I also use the Moby for direct skin to skin, but the k'tan all other times. If worked great for us. I'm able to be hands free. I've cooked, cleaned dishes and mopped the floor all while wearing her.

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page