A day in YOUR babywearing life! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-12-2013, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm really curious to know more about what your babywearing looks like. I'm a newbie at all this, my first LO is 10 weeks old. Currently, we're using an Ergo for long outings, and a Moby or pouch sling for short outings. Around the house...I have no idea how to babywear around the house. LO is usually pretty content to hang out in her Boppy, especially since I'm a bookworm and spend most of my time right next to her on the couch ^_^ I mostly do housework, etc. while she naps in her crib. Obviously, this won't work so well if I ever have a second baby! So I wonder...

How old is your LO?

How many hours a day, on average, do you wear your LO?

What kind of carrier are you using?

If you're doing a lot of wearing every day, do you suit up in the morning and pop in and out, or put the carrier on each time you pick up LO?

Does LO usually nap in the carrier? Or does s/he also have naps elsewhere? 

Finally, how does LO sleep at night? With you, or alone? Good sleeper?

Proud Marine Corps wife tiptoeing into SAH parenting. Living happily ever after with my Beast, baby Ginny (3/1/13), two dogs, and two ratties.

#2 of 7 Old 05-12-2013, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

25 months

ergo

1 hour

naps in bed

sleeps well during the night

#3 of 7 Old 05-12-2013, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!

Proud Marine Corps wife tiptoeing into SAH parenting. Living happily ever after with my Beast, baby Ginny (3/1/13), two dogs, and two ratties.

#4 of 7 Old 05-13-2013, 06:53 PM

8 mos
Probably between 1-4 hours depending on our day. We don't have a car or a stroller so if we go out I wear. If home all day sometimes no wearing to get her on the ground crawling...she hasn't started crawling yet.
Ergo
I put carrier on when wearing her or take off.
She sleeps in carrier only when out which I try to avoid. She sleeps in bed each nap.
Doesn't effect night sleeping.
#5 of 7 Old 05-14-2013, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!

#6 of 7 Old 05-15-2013, 09:01 AM

Twins, 7 weeks.

About 3 hours a day.

I have been loving my Maya ring sling because I can breast feed with it on. Fiance wears baby in Infantino. We'll both be using ergo for hikes when babes are bigger.

Love the sling b/c I can take it on and off very fast. 

Babies usually nap in bouncers, but sleep very well when worn also.

They both sleep with us at night. Good sleepers. Although our fussier twin needs to be worn for about an hour before her longest stretch of sleep. She seems to need the movement to settle down. 

Wild crazy in love with DF hug.gif. Starting a family together with his pups dog2.gif, my cats cat.gif and our twin girls, born 3-26-13. familybed2.gif

#7 of 7 Old 05-18-2013, 02:25 AM

maybe read the Continuum Concept by Jean Liedloff:  The more you have your baby attached, the more secure and safe she'll feel. It easier later for you both.  Your child will not be nearly as demanding as she matures. The 'terrible twos' and threes are bypassed, teen years a joy so long you always remain on 'the same team.' We found this to be absolutely true!   I discovered I could do just about all my house work with baby attached, except for the loud vacuum.  Loads of fulfillment in the kitchen over the years and he became quite the culinary master growing up from infancy smelling/nibbling all kinds of herbs /flavors.  ENJOY!

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page