Question for Ergo wearers! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-20-2013, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wear my 4 month old in a Ergo Sport. Every time he gets these red, crease marks behind his knees, were his legs hang out of the Ergo. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas to help it?
#2 of 6 Old 05-21-2013, 05:45 AM

I don't have any answers for you but hopefully bumping it up will get it some attention

bfinfant.gifbreastfeedingfemalesling.GIF baby-wearing familybed1.gif bed-sharing greenthumb.gif herb growing/using nocirc.gif no circ'ing  lady.gif Mama 

bikenew.gif6-25-2006goodvibes.gif11.29.2008dust.gif7-6-2010babyf.gif10-3-2012 belly.gifcraving #5 ALREADY 

#3 of 6 Old 05-21-2013, 06:34 AM

I know what you mean. Perhaps you could put a little swatch of fleece down there to make less of a crease? I never have done anything about it, myself, but I understand the concern.
#4 of 6 Old 05-21-2013, 01:08 PM

I haven't had that problem, but fleece or microfleece is a great idea. I'd say make it a single longer piece that goes through both holes, so you're not messing with small pieces each time.

#5 of 6 Old 05-25-2013, 10:56 AM

It might be that his legs/knees JUST reach the edge of the fabric there, so they're pressing into the fabric when bending to make a seat.  You could try putting a piece of fabric under him or even babylegs?  As long as it looks like sock marks and it's not causing him discomfort, it's okay, but I can understand why you'd want to soften it a bit.  As his leg grows a bit, it will become less of an issue.  HTH!

#6 of 6 Old 06-03-2013, 04:22 PM

My daughter had the same problem when her legs were shorter, but because it was still early spring at the time, I was able to pull her pant legs down to cushion her. They were riding up when I put her in the carrier or she was wriggling around. If he's bare-legged, I agree with the other posters that a soft cloth would work well until his legs get long enough that the seat fabric won't poke him. 

Naturopathic physician, licensed acupuncturist, writer, avid commuting cyclist and community-theater performer; joyful mother of Kathryn (adopted summer 2011) lady.gifand Luthien (born 11.30.12babyf.gif), and guardian of seven feline ascended masterscat.gif!

weadopted.gifbuddamomimg1.pngbftoddler.giffamilybed1.gif namaste.gifcd.giftrekkie.gif 

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page