What do you think of this new type of ring sling "without a knot" jpmbb? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-08-2013, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am hoping some more experienced BW mothers can give their opinions on a ring sling I am considering purchasing. It is called "the little baby wrap without a knot" and is made by a French company Je Porte Mon Bebe (JPMBB): http://boutique.jeportemonbebe.com/en/the-little-baby-wrap-without-a-knot-18? Because it is new, there aren't any reviews out there yet. I have no experience with ring slings so I don't know what features to look out for and so I can't really evaluate whether this is good compared to other options on the market (e.g. Sakura Bloom gets very good reviews). What I like about it is that it looks very comfortable, the company has an excellent reputation (they seem to really understand infant development and correct posture etc based on the info on their website) and the sling looks like it would be very quick and easy to use. Also, it can be used from birth to 3 years so it will last me a long time. For context, I have a 6 week old baby. I enjoy wearing him in a stretchy wrap when I am not carrying him in my arms, but find it a bit cumbersome to put it on (especially when I just need to wear it for a few minutes) and so I am looking for something that I can pop him in more quickly so that I can have my hands free to do housework. I am planning to get a SSC (e.g. ergo, manduca, boba or beco) in a few months time when he is bigger. In the interim, I am looking for something that I can quickly put on and pop him in and ring slings seem to be well regarded for this purpose. I would appreciate any opinions on whether this specific sling looks like a good product or suggestions about other products that might suit my needs. I am not too concerned about cost because babywearing is really important to me and I am happy to invest in whatever is going to best facilitate this (but having said that, I don't want to spend money unnecessarily and I am less interested in how a product looks compared to how it functions).

#2 of 4 Old 07-10-2013, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I have no idea but it definitely looks cool.

#3 of 4 Old 07-11-2013, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for that. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

#4 of 4 Old 07-11-2013, 10:47 AM

It looks like a sling with a gimmick. As far as I can tell it's just a reversible ring sling with a cover over the rings.

Ireadtomuch likes this.

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page