What is your favorite "summer" pouch? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-26-2004, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for a summer weight pouch, similar to my KKAFP, but not the KKACP (unless someone can convince me otherwise). I've read good things about the Hotslings...do they have the same type of stretchiness to them as the AFP?

I have a Pea in the Pod on order, but that is still quite warm for summer. Thanks for your help!

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2004, 05:52 PM

my favorite pouch is my homemade one. i am not sure about the hotslings, but i have heard good things about them, and they seem a bit stretchy.
i used my homemade ringsling all summer last year...in and out of the water. its a very lightweight material...seersucker i think, and i used it in the pool. i liked it alot because ds wasnt all hot after i took him out of it, and when used in the pool, it dried in under 10 minutes! WOW! i have quite a bit more of that same fabric, so i am going to make a pouch for this summer.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:45 PM

Last summer I used a Maya Wrap, which definitly was not my favorite. This summer I plan on using a Hotsling...I can tell already that my Maya Pouch and my KKACP are both too tight on bare legs and my girl is just not comfortable. I think the padding on the Hotsling will help with this. From what I understand, the Hotsling is about as stretchy as the KKACP, which is not as stretchy as the KKAFP. I don't think there is a lightweight cotton pouch in a fabric as stretchy as fleece. I've looked

-Kate
Old 04-26-2004, 07:54 PM

I have a Maya Pouch and the fabric worked very well for us in the heat of a Boston summer. It is lightweight and very breathable.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

User Tag List