is there anyone who has tried both Tula & Kinderpack? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-24-2013, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm trying to decide which one to buy for wearing my toddler. Can anyone who has tried both give me a sense of what the differences are?

From the photos I'm wondering if the child is higher on the wearer's back in the Tula -- it looks like that might be the case?
#2 of 4 Old 10-04-2013, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

It looks like your post might have been missed, so I wanted to bump it up for attention. :bump: Has anyone tried both? What were your experiences with them?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 4 Old 10-09-2013, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was just coming here to ask the same question.  I'm trying to decide which one is better for someone with a very short torso.  Anyone??

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
#4 of 4 Old 10-09-2013, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm the original poster -- I was able to borrow both a toddler and a preschool Kinderpack for a few days each. I liked them a lot but I wasn't swooning in love like it seems like so many people are. I wasn't able to borrow a Tula, but the Tula return policy seemed relatively fair and reasonable (i.e., if I bought one and didn't like it I could return it), so I took the chance and bought a toddler Tula. I've been happy with my purchase and plan to keep it. Overall I think both carriers are truly excellent -- really, really well-designed, well-made, high-quality carriers. I sort of wish I could go back and forth for a while -- use one for a week, then the other, then the first. My guess is that a true preference would emerge. My DD is happy in both of them, much happier than she is in my Ergo. The support for the child's legs is great in both.

One difference I noticed is that in the Kinderpack, the child is a bit lower on the wearer's body, and also the carrier is designed so that the child's butt sort of hangs down lower. In the photo here with the line of kids: http://www.kindercarry.com/ look at the second child from the left -- at least for bigger kids (not babies), you can see how their bottom sort of sinks down. They seem to find it quite comfortable. But for comparison, see the photos of the Tulas on this page: http://www.tulababycarriers.com/ -- even the bigger kids are worn higher up.

I was little concerned about how high the Tulas looked in the photos, like sometimes just the child's eye/head are peeking out. But my 21 month old can get her arms out of the toddler carrier no problem, so I'm not sure why they look so high in the photos.

I have a long torso and I'm happy with the higher carry. I feel like it may be a bit easier for DD to be able to see around me, too. If your torso is shorter than average, I wonder if a Kinderpack might be a better match. But I really have no idea. Again, all in all it's likely you'd love either one!

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page