Favorite sling/wrap for toddler? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-25-2013, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We very much enjoyed babywearing throughout DD's babyhood, with the Maya wrap, ring sling, and Ergo leading the pack.  Then, around the time she started walking, we started using the stroller more.  Now, at 20 months, she's developed a very short tolerance for the stroller, and gets tired with too much walking, so I'm back to doing a whole lot of carrying!  My soul loves it, my body... not so much.

The Ergo is OK, but it's not helping me for long carries.  DD hates the back carry, maybe because it's too low and she can't see?  She's very insistent on wanting to ride on my TUMMY, which in the Ergo is very hard on my hips and back.

I'm wondering about maybe a toddler-sized ring sling, or taking the plunge into woven wraps.  What's your favorite way to carry a toddler?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-26-2013, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

I can do a fairly high back carry in my sakura ring sling with my 34" 29lb almost 2yo where she can peek over my shoulder and is content.  Then when she gets tired I slide her around to the front and she conks out on my chest.

#3 of 5 Old 10-12-2013, 10:10 PM

A nice sturdy ringsling worked best for my 2 yr old so that I could do different positions easily, front, hip or back and then I could get him out of any position quickly if need be too. Only problem is it gets a little uncomfortable after carrying them for an extended period of time but you can always adjust it to 1 of the 3 positions so quickly/easily with the ringsling. I also wore my 2 yr old in a woven wrap front carry which is the most comfortable by far, but harder to get them in and out if they squirm, just takes a little more effort.

We are a treehugger.gif family by nature...my beloved partner in life hippie.gifour little drummer boydrum.gif(Apr.2011) and Autumnal girlflower.gif(Oct.2013)       goorganic.jpgsigncirc1.gif  h20homebirth.gif  namaste.gif 
#4 of 5 Old 10-18-2013, 07:45 AM

Try out your maya again. I had 2.5 year old 32lb DD1 in it and it felt good. I had her in a woven wrap too - just a basic front carry, FWCC- and she felt weightless. I'd love to wear her more but usually it's just me and the girls and the 2 month old generally needs being carried more than the toddler wink1.gif
#5 of 5 Old 10-18-2013, 12:12 PM

I'm looking into the Boba with stirrups...has anyone experienced that with a toddler?  They do an organic material option, which also makes it super attractive.

Tags
Babywearing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page