Help me love my Moby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-18-2013, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have an almost 3 week old DS and I cannot get the hang of the Moby for the life of me!  It feels too loose or droopy when I get him in it - How do I get the waist part to stay tight?  I have an Ergo that we've been using and I really love it, but I don't want to waste the Moby either. 

DD 2/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2013, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
You can try a couple of things. If you are putting it on and tying it before you put him in then make sure you tie it tighter than you think it should be. That does sometimes make it a bit tricky to get babe in through. Another alternative is just to wrap to the point before you wrap the tails around your waist. Then put babe in and then wrap the tails firmly around you and tie. Again wrapping them tighter than you think you need. The moby will stretch as you wear it so you may need to tighten again after you've been wearing him for a while.

Hope that helps :-)

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Old 10-21-2013, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's been about a year since I've used my Moby, but I loved it. I don't remember exactly where I pulled and in which direction, but I know I frequently got it on, put baby in, and would tighten with the baby in it, then retie the knot to pick up the slack. I literally wore the Moby all day everyday until my baby was 3 or 4 months old. When the baby wasn't in it, there would end up being a lot of extra fabric and the knot would fall down to my knees eventually. I'd re-tie it and then have to loosen it a little to get the baby back in. I kept it on all day, but I swear I tied and untied that knot about 20 times a day.

SAHM of newborn boy, 2 year old girl, and 4 year old boy. Visit my website: http://researchparent.com
Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
When I used mine, I would tie it before I put DS in and then adjust it so that it was about as big as my preggo belly was when i pulled the straps to see how big the gap was and he'd always fit in there pretty well. Other times I would have to get help gettig him in there. It was quite silly sometimes.

- - - -

Tags
Babywearing
User Tag List