SSC suggestions for tall skinny baby? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-21-2013, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My two month old is 50th percentile for weight but 95th for height. I know babies can change but DH is tall and skinny so I'm thinking it's a trend.

I have an Infantino Union carrier that was a gift and it's okay around the house but I tried going for a walk and it killed my hips. I'm wondering if it's me (after pregnancy body), the way I have the carrier adjusted, or the carrier itself. I've seen lots of moms rave about the more expensive SSCs and it always sounds like a lot of money to me. I haven't been able to attend a local babywearing meetup yet but I plan to. I wanted to know if in the mean time anyone has recommendations for proper set up of the carrier or which other carriers I should try on.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#2 of 3 Old 11-21-2013, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A woven wrap will be the most adjustable and versatile option you have. There is a learning curve, but it isn't bad.  You can wear a newborn in one as easily as you can wear a 4 year old, and both can be very comfortable. 

If you really want to stick with SSCs, a Kinderpack is a great option.  And there is a cinching base infant size that would work even with a two month old.  It would be best to plan to size up though to toddler as you find yourself with a bigger baby.  By nature, an SSC is not infinitely adjustable, and should be sized if you use it a lot.  You can make do with a 'close enough' fit for wearing once in a while but for regular wearing, a properly sized carrier will let you both be more comfortable. 

#3 of 3 Old 11-24-2013, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you're on Facebook there's "babywearing swap" and "babywearing on a budget" (mostly US but there are other ones for other regions) where you can buy lightly used carriers and often at a bargain. Ergos, Becos and Bobas are fairly easy to find and can be scored at a bargain. If you're interested in trying a woven wrap then the swaps are great for getting a decent price too.

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page