KKAFP is coming apart...is your's? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-27-2004, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my KKAFP for 9-10months and only washed it twice (I have an Ergo too ). Well, I noticed that the material around the seam is coming apart. I have several small holes around the seam, where the material is pulling away from the stitching. Can you visualize this? Is anyone else experiencing this?

I do not feel safe putting my son in this now because he puts stress on the problem areas. I am afraid that he will be in it and his bottom will pop out

SAHM to DS(11), DD(9), DD(7), DD(5), angel.gif loss(28wks 12/31/10), and DD (2); wife to DH since 1998
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2004, 03:48 PM

I would contact the WAHM and ask to return it for repair or replacement if it is not repairable. I just checked the site and she seems to have a wonderful guarantee:

Quote:
Kangaroo Korner will guarantee the manufacturing of your sling for 1 year from the purchase date. If possible, your sling will be repaired. If it is beyond repair, we will replace your sling. Please contact us directly for further details. If you are within the time period for an exchange (30 days) and you experience a problem with the manufacturing of your sling, you will be responsible for all shipping charges if you choose to exchange the sling for another size, color or style. Kangaroo Korner will cover shipping charges for repairs only.
http://www.kangarookorner.com/k_order_info.shtml
Old 04-27-2004, 03:52 PM

That happened to mine after very little use. Tanya had me send it back and repaired it for me. I haven't used it much since then, but it looks like the problem is fixed. I would just email her and tell her the problem.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

This would actually be my second time returning it.

The first time was when I first got it. It was sent to me with a huge hole from an unfinished seamed. I contacted her and she replaced it. Now here we go again.

I am wondering if this is going to continue happening as the warranty is for only a year. I actually baby this pouch despite the claims that it is strong and extremely durable because I want this to last. Her price keeps increasing and I wonder if the quality is decreasing

SAHM to DS(11), DD(9), DD(7), DD(5), angel.gif loss(28wks 12/31/10), and DD (2); wife to DH since 1998
Old 04-27-2004, 07:44 PM

Mine arrived with a tiny tear in the seam but Tanya offered to fix it asap.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:30 AM

mine did that too. she offered to fix it but i can't do without it for that long...

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
Old 04-28-2004, 06:05 PM

Hmmm, I haven't seen that problem. I've had and used mine for well over a year without any problems. Good luck with yours.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:54 AM

I noticed little holes starting after the first time I washed my KKAFP. However, I bought it off Ebay so I don't know what it went through before. The seller didn't mention any problems and I do't remember the holes when I first got it. It aggravates me, but I don't think it's unsafe yet. The holes are at the top of the seam, I guess where it stretches for dd to go in. Interesting that others have the same issue, I thought naybe I was doing something wrong.

April
Mama to and
Old 04-30-2004, 12:50 PM

If you got yours used, you could probably hand-stitch those holes closed really easily (just an idea) before they get worse...
Old 04-30-2004, 01:46 PM

I was considering trying to stitch the holes, but truth be told I'm a disaster with needle and thread. Then it got warm and we put the KKAFP away. I have a friend who sews beautifully and I'm going to ask her to fix it before next fall. Thanks though.

Has anyone done a home repair?

April
Mama to and

User Tag List