Baby Spends Day in Carrier - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-22-2013, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 6 week old spends most of her days on me (in an Ergo).  She loves it.  She'll wake up, nurse, maybe spend 15-45 minutes hanging out.  When she gets fussy, I'll try to settle her down but she usually just wants the carrier.  Once she gets in, almost instantly she settles down and falls asleep.  Even during the night, if she gets worked up, my husband or I will put her in the Ergo until she's asleep, then move her into our bed.  

I love babywearing - I did it with my first (still do), but never to this extent.  Is this okay?  I usually don't let her nap more than 1.5-2 hours because she'll sleep forever in it which affects her nighttime sleep.  Can I overuse the carrier?  

#2 of 6 Old 12-22-2013, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I don't think you can overuse it. Both my girls were intentionally on our bodies all the time for the first 4ish months. It is where babies want to be :-)

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 6 Old 12-23-2013, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Definitely agree that it's pretty hard to overuse.  DD flat out refused to accept anything but being held/worn until she was easily 4 mos and even then, try to get that kid to do tummy time and omg it was like we were torturing her!   Much to my IL's surprised, she learned to roll (front to back 3 or 4mos, back to front 6 mos), crawl (6.5mos), and run (11mos) just fine. 

#4 of 6 Old 12-23-2013, 12:53 PM

I don't think it's possible to overwear a baby! That's the norm in many cultures. I've worn all of my babies that much for the first six months (and still quite a bit as they got older) with no issues.

Kalista, happily married to my best friend , mama to 4 fabulous kids!
#5 of 6 Old 12-30-2013, 07:11 PM

Totally agree that you can't overwear. Every culture through time did it. I'm a new mama to a now 2 month old and wear him as much as I can.
#6 of 6 Old 12-31-2013, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitskalista View Post

I don't think it's possible to overwear a baby! That's the norm in many cultures. I've worn all of my babies that much for the first six months (and still quite a bit as they got older) with no issues.

THis is an interesting article:

http://www.debrapascalibonaro.com/bali-nyambutin-ceremony-baby-first-touches-the-mother-earth-2/

I agree - can't overwear a baby. 

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page