Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Babywearing (http://www.mothering.com/forum/245-babywearing/)
-   -   New wrapper - am I doing this right (http://www.mothering.com/forum/245-babywearing/1395585-new-wrapper-am-i-doing-right.html)

CrystalMarie 01-11-2014 02:13 PM

Hello mamas,

Brand new first attempt wrapper here. I got my didymos size 6 wrap yesterday and this was our very first attempt at any carry. So, aside from the sloppy passes which I assume will get better with time, is anything clearly wrong? For example, I've been reading directions and watching videos but I'm still not sure if my littles legs are in the right position. I feel like they need to be a bit higher? All suggestions are welcome. If this isn't where I should post this, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

greenkri 01-12-2014 08:15 AM

As far as I can tell her knees look slightly higher than her bum, so I think she's got a good seat. The question is, was it comfortable? If so, then I think you're good.

CrystalMarie 01-12-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkri View Post

As far as I can tell her knees look slightly higher than her bum, so I think she's got a good seat. The question is, was it comfortable? If so, then I think you're good.

Thanks for the response. I was indeed comfortable and it seems so was she. She feel asleep within 5 minutes and stayed asleep for quite a while. It's the most comfortable carrier I've ever worn. I just got back from wearing it for 3.5 hours straight and I feel good. No pressure points or pain. I've just fallen in love with Woven wraps!

floweringkale 01-13-2014 11:13 PM

Pretty wrap! You can deepen her seat by gently pushing up on the soles of her feet to settle her bum a bit deeper. It also looks to me like you could get the top rail just a touch snugger just to increase your support, you have a bit of sway in your back and if you get a bit tighter you may find it helps straighten you up. I personally really struggle with my posture in front carries and concentrating on high and tight helps a lot (A cheerleader bounce or two does the trick -babywearing faith demos it really well) Wovens are the best! Happy wrapping!

CrystalMarie 01-14-2014 10:11 AM

Thanks so much floweringkale, especially for the pushing the soles of her feet, that was very helpful! I'm looking up babywearing faith today! Thanks again!

floweringkale 01-14-2014 06:05 PM

yey im glad that helped. my fav on youtube are babywearing faith, wrapping rachel and denim mei tai. there is tons of great info on the forums at www.thebabywearer.com abd the wrappers over there are great at tweaking carries from a pic if you need any other help :-)

Ireadtomuch 01-16-2014 12:48 PM

You may want to take the passes over your shoulder and spread them out more so they don't dig into your neck as she get's bigger.

CrystalMarie 01-16-2014 08:39 PM

Thank you! Now that I've wrapped more I have noticed how spreading them wider feels better at times. Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it!