New wrapper - am I doing this right - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-11-2014, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello mamas,

Brand new first attempt wrapper here. I got my didymos size 6 wrap yesterday and this was our very first attempt at any carry. So, aside from the sloppy passes which I assume will get better with time, is anything clearly wrong? For example, I've been reading directions and watching videos but I'm still not sure if my littles legs are in the right position. I feel like they need to be a bit higher? All suggestions are welcome. If this isn't where I should post this, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Crystal Marie
Aspire to decency. Practice civility toward one another. Admire and emulate ethical behavior wherever you find it. Apply a rigid standard of morality to your lives; and if, periodically, you fail – as you surely will – adjust your lives, not the standards.

#2 of 8 Old 01-12-2014, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As far as I can tell her knees look slightly higher than her bum, so I think she's got a good seat. The question is, was it comfortable? If so, then I think you're good.

#3 of 8 Old 01-12-2014, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkri View Post

As far as I can tell her knees look slightly higher than her bum, so I think she's got a good seat. The question is, was it comfortable? If so, then I think you're good.

Thanks for the response. I was indeed comfortable and it seems so was she. She feel asleep within 5 minutes and stayed asleep for quite a while. It's the most comfortable carrier I've ever worn. I just got back from wearing it for 3.5 hours straight and I feel good. No pressure points or pain. I've just fallen in love with Woven wraps!

Crystal Marie
Aspire to decency. Practice civility toward one another. Admire and emulate ethical behavior wherever you find it. Apply a rigid standard of morality to your lives; and if, periodically, you fail – as you surely will – adjust your lives, not the standards.

#4 of 8 Old 01-13-2014, 10:13 PM

Pretty wrap! You can deepen her seat by gently pushing up on the soles of her feet to settle her bum a bit deeper. It also looks to me like you could get the top rail just a touch snugger just to increase your support, you have a bit of sway in your back and if you get a bit tighter you may find it helps straighten you up. I personally really struggle with my posture in front carries and concentrating on high and tight helps a lot (A cheerleader bounce or two does the trick -babywearing faith demos it really well) Wovens are the best! Happy wrapping!
#5 of 8 Old 01-14-2014, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much floweringkale, especially for the pushing the soles of her feet, that was very helpful! I'm looking up babywearing faith today! Thanks again!

Crystal Marie

#6 of 8 Old 01-14-2014, 05:05 PM

yey im glad that helped. my fav on youtube are babywearing faith, wrapping rachel and denim mei tai. there is tons of great info on the forums at www.thebabywearer.com abd the wrappers over there are great at tweaking carries from a pic if you need any other help :-)
#7 of 8 Old 01-16-2014, 11:48 AM

You may want to take the passes over your shoulder and spread them out more so they don't dig into your neck as she get's bigger.

#8 of 8 Old 01-16-2014, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! Now that I've wrapped more I have noticed how spreading them wider feels better at times. Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it!

Crystal Marie

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page