Mothering Forum banner

Wraparound sling question...

595 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mamaMAMAma 
#1 ·
Can you nurse in it? I have a 2 week old and it's comfy to wear her, but HOW can i nurse her in it?

#2 ·
I was never proficient at nursing in any sling when my baby was an infant, but I did learn to nurse her in the wrap when she was older. We always nurse in the tummy-to-tummy carry now, where she ducks her head down and I hold my breast up. Obviously at two weeks your daughter won't be able to duck down like that, but I do know a woman that nursed her newborn baby in that position constantly. She just wore the baby fairly low so there was easy access to the breast.

If your baby likes being held in the cradle position you could also try the newborn wrap cross carry: http://www.ellaroo.com/newborn-wrap-cross.htm If you leave this wrap a little loose in the middle you should be able to position her lower or higher as needed. Then you can do minute adjustments to get things tighter and get her higher by doing shoulder flips with the fabric.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.