Water Slings, what are your favorites? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-27-2014, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All, I've read through old threads but most are over ten years old that I have found. I want to purchase or make a water sling and am wondering what your favorites are or what fabric to make with. Solarveil seemed really popular but no longer available, is this right. What brands do you love? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
#2 of 10 Old 03-02-2014, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Gosh, I don't even know what a water sling is. Guess I will have to do a google search.
Best
#3 of 10 Old 03-04-2014, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)

No experience, but Beachfront Baby Wraps apparently uses "100% polyester jersey lends breath-ability with just the right amount of stretch". If you want to make your own, just look into what material the water slings are made out of. If they don't say- they probably aren't trustworthy. Before you buy the fabric, I'd make sure it feels secure.

What age baby are you talking about? For very young babies, stretchy knit fabric is fine, but that generally stops working around 15 lbs. I imagine that there are woven wrap-style options for older babies, but I wouldn't know what. Hopefully someone else has more BTDT experience.

#4 of 10 Old 03-12-2014, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

My LO is just two months old now. My plan is to make/buy one for this summer. The ones I've seen so far use athletic mesh. I guess it's lightweight and dries quick. I've never used a water sling, just thought there might be some folks out there that have/do with some tips.
#5 of 10 Old 03-12-2014, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry forgot to add a water sling is used instead of a regular sling/wrap to wear in the water with baby at a beach or pool. Dries quick and doesn't stay soggy.
#6 of 10 Old 03-13-2014, 11:51 AM

I have a Comfy Joey Water Sling and it is AWESOME! Lightweight, dries fast, but still super supportive. Beachfront Baby Wraps is another popular manufacturer. She carriers water wraps and ring slings. And you can get the Wrapsody Duo from Wrapsody Baby. It can be used in the water, as well. Hope that helps!

malinoismama likes this.
#7 of 10 Old 03-13-2014, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

I was looking at the Comfy Joeys! Their website is beautiful. I will check out Beachfront baby wraps next. Thanks!
#8 of 10 Old 03-13-2014, 06:24 PM

I used a ring sling made of athletic mesh with my first for every shower. I need to find it for this next babe. It was awesome. Babe would just nurse the whole time. The fabric is softer when wet.

I think it would just stretch a tiny tiny bit when wet  but I can't remember for sure -I would just tighten it up and it wouldn't slip. I liked it enough that I would use it for summertime heat. It seemed to be less forgiving than for other cotton fabrics though for longer dry slinging periods.

#9 of 10 Old 03-13-2014, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

How great! A longer shower would be awesome. I'm definitely getting one. Seems like such a great idea. Wish I had had one with my other kiddos
#10 of 10 Old 03-15-2014, 07:29 PM

Bumping to bookmark good ideas. Thanks everyone:)

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page