Suggestions for best carrier for twins - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-01-2014, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Need some suggestions for different types of carriers for twins.  Thanks so much!

Mama to DS1 2001  and DS2 2006  and boy/girl twins 9/2014 .  Raising our family with my wife in the mountains  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-02-2014, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
You could also post in parenting multiples
http://www.mothering.com/community/f/158/parenting-multiples
#3 of 5 Old 03-02-2014, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I've seen different combos like 2 ergos, 1 ergo or similar on the back and a sling or wrap on the front, 2 wraps.... really it's about what's comfortable for you and which carriers you're drawn to. You might look for a babywearing meetup locally or find a crunchy mama group & see about trying different carriers so you know which ones to get for yourself.
Good luck!

When I was a nanny I worked for a family w/newborn twins and I was able to wear them both in 1 sling for a while. That's probably true for wraps too. 

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#4 of 5 Old 03-06-2014, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As a nanny who gets to bring my own son to work, I often babywear front and back as described by PP: sling on front, Ergo on back, or 2 Ergos. My SIL has some sort of hip carrier she got from our cousin--both families have twins--and I think its possible to wear two at once. The key for me with double Ergos is to put the back baby on first and take him off last--and make sure that he won't need to nurse if the baby in front falls asleep! With a sling, it's been a while, but I think I put on the sling, no baby, added the Ergo and back baby, then put the front baby into the sling. My son is 20 mo. now and the other little guy is 28 mo.... They still like to double Ergo! smile.gif Congrats on your babies! Enjoy wearing them!
#5 of 5 Old 03-10-2014, 01:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

David Hayes is up in your area, he's a male homebirth midwife. I believe he and I spoke in length about baby wrapping twins. I have found that the old mamatoto site is no longer showing the videos, I will try and find some on you tube. Essentially, if you get a swatch of 100% cotton 18-24 inches wide and for me at 5'2" I needed 6 yards of material to tie properly, 7 might have been easier. As infants I liked a "traditional" front cross tie, but I had an infant on each hip instead of one infant between the breasts. As they got older I put one baby, then toddler as they grew, on my back, and the other up front. As infants I could nurse both at the same time this way, and by 4 months have hands free to work. When my friend adopted her sister's kids, we modified this for triplets: one on either hip, and one on the back. Takes help to tie it until they can stand on their own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd_HG3sosCY

This video link is a good start, but we modified so my breasts were more available to each child. And like with all my kids, I went braless/shirtless until babes were old enough to want out of the wrap. Less laundry!!! Also, please make sure their faces are exposed to fresh air =D

Tags
Babywearing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page