Still searching for summer carrier...please help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-28-2004, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am getting more and more confused by the minute! If I just had UNLIMITED FUNDS...oh, what fun I could have But I don't, so I need some help from you! I am looking for a great carrier to take us through the summer. We have a KKAFP right now, and a Zolo cotton sling that I can't get to work right for the life of me (but that's literally another thread!). I am looking at the following:

Hotsling
Hug-a-Bub
Maya pouch

I know that Hug-a-Bub is nothing like the other 2, but I'm just wondering if maybe I would like that one. I'm also on the waiting list for a Kozy, but I doubt if I will receive it before summer is over.

Which of those 3 would be your choice (just pick as if the cost doesn't matter...) and WHY?

Thanks!

Edited to add: My babe is 3 weeks old...if that makes a difference?

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
#2 of 8 Old 04-29-2004, 01:17 AM

Well I don't have any experience with the slings you mentionned but I just wanted to say blessings on your little one. I looked at your website and it's lovely. Seeing your obvious joy brought back alot of memories for me of the early days with my ds. The pic of her tiny hands and mouth is so precious.

Ok back to slinging. What is happening with the zolo? Could you describe a bit more what isn't working for you? Everyone seems to be raving about the hotslings and for $20 you can't go wrong. You already know how to use a pouch so that may be the way to go. I'd buy a maya ring sling over a maya pouch tho. I don't have the pouch but I've heard that the zippers can be a bit bothersome. The ring sling is wonderful for nursing in and I still carry my 30 lb 16 mo in it. HTH
#3 of 8 Old 04-29-2004, 02:33 AM

First of all I agree with Solsticemama with telling us about your Zolo. It's a wonderful sling and I'm sure with help we can get it going for ya

Second, for a summer sling I would get a pouch. I would get an adjustable one like the Maya, or a nonadjustable one like a Hotsling or Tentoes pouch. (Tentoes has beautiful colors). They will be the most cool and the easiest for you to pop your baby in and out, especially since you are used to wearing a KKAFP. The hug a bub is great but it's a lot of fabric and may get hot in the summer, kwim?
#4 of 8 Old 04-29-2004, 10:58 AM

solarveil!!!!!!!! you can use it in the pool (and shower at home too), dries quickly and provides uv protection. you can get a solarveil sling (i got mine from www.kangarookorner.com) or a pouch (i got this one from www.fussybutt.com) its the h2o tote (or something like that)

i also have a hotsling that i love because its a cool hawaiian print on one side and floral on the other. very summery.

as for the others you mentioned - i love my hug-a-bub. since you have a 3 week old you will end up using it alot - however, you can really only use it one or two ways. it is very secure and easy to use. it is expensive though and you can get the moby for cheaper which is very similar to it.

maya pouch - i like kkacp better. its stretchier. if you like hippie fabrics though - go maya.

good luck!
#5 of 8 Old 04-29-2004, 05:10 PM

Oh, my goodness. You and your family are so beautiful. I just wanted to tell you that. Someone is a very good photographer -- those photos on your site took my breath away.
#6 of 8 Old 04-30-2004, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Kirsten! That's so sweet I'm kind of a photogeek! It's even more fun now that we have Bella. Babies are the best subjects. I studied photography in college and I was a photographer in the Air National Guard for 6 years. I just do it for fun, so it means a lot that you like them! You made my day.

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
#7 of 8 Old 04-30-2004, 01:05 PM

I really my hotsling in the summertime. It is so lightweight and easy to use. Just don't make the mistake of getting any sling/carrier in black for summer use!
#8 of 8 Old 04-30-2004, 10:28 PM

I have to second on the Solarveil. I just pulled mine out for the first time and it's awesome! There's something stretchy about the fabric although I didn't know that beforehand. It's super comfortable and very easily adjustable. I didn't think I would love it this much. I just wanted something cool for the summer. I HIGHLY recommend it. Got mine at KK.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page