Newbie questions from a rusty oldie :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-06-2014, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been wearing my newborn in a Moby and a hybrid WAHM made obi that is stretchy in the front and woven in the back. Anyway, the little bean gets all curled up in there, is this bad wrapping or just the nature of a stretchy? She seems nice and supported until she falls asleep and she gets scrunched up and hunkers down orngtongue.gif
When will it be ok to put her in a back carry in my old school Beco (sewn in infant support? I'm thinking when she can hold her head up .. I do not trust my wrapping skills to wrap a back carry, with my others, I had a few bottoms pop out and the wrap ride up

Eta: I did not back wrap with a stretchy, but a woven Lana wink1.gif

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-07-2014, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

She shouldn't sink down in the carrier. I would try tying it higher and tighter than you think you need. It will stretch enough for you to put her in there. 

Most manufactures recommend 6 months for a back carry in a SSC - but you can always make your own judgement about your child'e readiness depending on trunk and head control.

Hope that helps!

Tags
Babywearing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page