Breastfeeding in Beco/Ergo? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-04-2014, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I know it is supposed to be possible, by I can't picture how to breastfeed in a carrier of that style.  My DS is 10, so it has been a while, but I think we only breastfed in ring/pouch slings.  Is it tricky to maneuver and adjust the mom's clothing and such?   Thanks in advance!

Mom, , to DS(10), , , due November 3, 2014, and 4 's: 4/01, 7/01, 9/01, and 12/13. DP to .

****5****10****15****20****25****30********40
#2 of 7 Old 05-04-2014, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a Beco that I love and still put my 27 month old in occasionally. When they are smaller and facing toward the body you can nurse if you wear something you can open down or to the side. Once they get longer and their mouth is above the breast it would be hard to do. I guess it also depends on your anatomy. High, low, big, or small, kwim.
#3 of 7 Old 05-04-2014, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I nursed in my ergo all the time. I always wore clothing that was easy to nurse in. I also wore a regular bra instead of a nursing bra. I just loosened the straps on the ergo to lower baby and pulled my boob out of the top of my bra. It was easy and she could nurse comfortably wherever we were. Ergo has a video tutorial that was helpful.
#4 of 7 Old 05-04-2014, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evmadi View Post

I nursed in my ergo all the time. I always wore clothing that was easy to nurse in. I also wore a regular bra instead of a nursing bra. I just loosened the straps on the ergo to lower baby and pulled my boob out of the top of my bra. It was easy and she could nurse comfortably wherever we were. Ergo has a video tutorial that was helpful.

Great idea about the straps!  The bra part reminded me that it also depends on your milk supply.  For the first 18 months of nursing I leaked huge amounts of milk from the other breast and the one being nursed if he pulled off (which he often did due to strangling during let down).  I had to keep a cloth diaper handy at all times and nursing in the carrier did not work too well for me.  We would both end up covered in milk and the carrier to boot.:rotflmao

#5 of 7 Old 05-04-2014, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I've breastfed both my girls in a Beco. I loosen the straps to lower them down. And, sometimes use the head support to help keep them in the right position. I always wear a feeding bra but, if I'm not wearing a feeding top I just pop my bosom out over the top.
mommy2r likes this.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#6 of 7 Old 05-06-2014, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thank you for the descriptions. I'll put it on the maybe list.

Mom, , to DS(10), , , due November 3, 2014, and 4 's: 4/01, 7/01, 9/01, and 12/13. DP to .

****5****10****15****20****25****30********40
#7 of 7 Old 05-14-2014, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Yes, loosen carrier straps, pop breast out from the top.

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page