Tula Toddler size or regular size with extensions? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 05-07-2014, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

My 30-something pound 3.5 year old has recently showed renewed interest in being worn.  We have a Boba that we hadn't used in ages, and he really enjoyed being carried around on my back but he is way too big for it - in width, the height is still okay.  It also just isn't comfortable to carry him in it, but I'm not sure if it's because the carrier isn't meant for it or just that he's so much heavier now.  

We're also going to San Francisco in a couple of months and I don't want to bring a stroller (I think I hate strollers more than he does) but I know he won't keep up with all the walking.  

Anyhow, I was looking at Tula's, and I'm torn between getting the toddler size and getting the regular size with the extensions for extra width at the bottom.  Since it seems like that's the only place that the Boba is too small, I was leaning toward the extensions.  Plus I would like to sell my Boba and have this be a replacement, rather than an addition.  We are TTC so I'd use it with another baby as well, and I don't think the toddler size can be used under 18mo.  

BUT if the toddler size is considerably more comfortable for the wearer, then I would go that way.  Does anyone have any experience with both?  I know a few people who love their toddler Tulas, but haven' theard from anyone who has put a toddler in the regular size with extensions.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page