Help me convince dh - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-30-2004, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so I just got a Moby and am absolutely loving it! I have recently been introduced to the world of babywearing and before now have had one bad experience with a heavily padded sling that was too big for me and another bad experience with my Snugli. So I've had the Moby a few days and it is incredible, even dh thinks so (I can't believe I got him to try it on!!). Now the problem is that I want MORE carriers!!! Specifically I would love to try a Kozy style carrier and a pouch. I don't think that's too much to ask...dh on the other hand thinks taht there is no way to justify mutiple slings. "Doesn't the Moby do it all?" So I tried explaining the different functions but it was falling on deaf ears. He responded by saying that many different vehicles have different functions and he'd love to have one of each but he had to choose just one that best meets his needs.
So can those of you with multiple carriers help me convince dh that it is not crazy to want more than one sling?? How do you justify it? Anyone else with a dh that is not on board?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2004, 01:31 AM

There is different uses for different slings ???
I'm totally in the dark!! I just wear my one heart to heart for everything
Old 04-30-2004, 01:48 AM

With wraps you have the added benefit of it going over both shoulders so there isn't as much strain on just 1. They are more comfortable for longer jaunts. IMO they're easier to get a baby into a back carry and you can carry a baby higher on your back.

Pouches are the easiest of all to use, fold up really small and can fit into the smallest bag/purse/pocket. They are great for quick trips.

Ring slings you have the ability to adjust them to fit different sizes. Quicker to use than wraps. There are also the mesh ring slings used in pools, at lakes and in the shower.

ABC's are quicker than wraps while having some of the options of wraps. They're less bulky than wraps and ring slings.

I use my wraps for going on walks, trips the zoo's, museums, etc. I use the pouch and ring slings for short trips while shopping or to put my dd to sleep at home. My ABC's haven't arrived yet so I''m not sure when I'll use them but I'll find ways. This is probably just me being an oddball, but I like having different slings so I can color co-ordinate too.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:51 AM

ABCs?????
Your not odd- I colour co-ordinate my underwear- and nobody even sees that!
Old 04-30-2004, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Asian Baby Carrier
i.e. Kozy carrier, Mei Tai, Baby Back Tie, Packababy
Old 04-30-2004, 02:08 AM

Ah...my husband is the same. I quit trying to convince them and now I just buy them. When he asks I say something vague like "Oh..I traded it with ___ (insert lie)" LOL.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:14 AM

Slings are like like shoes... You have your sneakers, your pumps, your sandals, your flip flops, etc. I am *not* a shoe person, but I still have to have more than one pair to fit all my needs.

Slings are like clothing (you see where I'm going here? )... You have your t-shirts, your blouses, your sweaters, your tank tops. I wouldn't wear a sweater in the middle of a summer day, and I wouldn't wear a tank top to a nice brunch.

Slings are like... what is your husband into? Does he like video games? Movies? Tools? Does he have more than one screwdriver/saw/ratchet? *That's* how you convince your husband you need more than one sling. Especially if your entire sling collection costs less than his latest toy.

Oh, and what do you do when it's dirty and in the wash? One sling just doesn't cut it for everything.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)

User Tag List