Backpacks and airports - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-30-2004, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are traveling with 3 Kids ages 7,5 and 2. We are taking our frame pack Kelty Ridgeline to carry the 29# 2.5yo. Will they let me take it to the gate like you do a stroller and give it right back when we land?

It is 29 x 10.5 x 18.5

I hate to check it becouse it is so expensive!!!

Anyone done this?

We are outta here!! Can't wait!!
#2 of 8 Old 04-30-2004, 03:02 PM

I think we have when baby was riding in it. Otherwise, bagged it at the counter.
#3 of 8 Old 04-30-2004, 05:48 PM

HI!
I just returned from a trip and used one of our backpacks at the airport.
They let us gate check no problem. Ours was a smaller pack, but I bet that is not an issue.
good luck & happy travels
#4 of 8 Old 04-30-2004, 08:38 PM

I've worn my Baby Bjorn three times now (6 flights back and forth). All airports except one made me take it off to go through security -- a major pain. I had to put it through the metal detector, and at 2 airports I think that tagged me as a suspect and I got the full search - grrr -- baby included. Something to consider!

I wore it right onto the plane and then put it in the overhead baggage area. Still better than trying to maneuver a stroller around in the crowds!

Kimba
#5 of 8 Old 05-01-2004, 04:46 AM

Wearing your little one makes airports so much easier. I have had to fly internationally twice with my 21 month old. We have also had to travel 2-3 times within the U.S. Although it is a pain to take her off when I go through the metal detector -it is more than worth chasing a little one all over the airport. I have checked and carried on my carriers both. Very little hassle. Hope that helps. Have fun on your trip
#6 of 8 Old 05-01-2004, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys I'm definately going to give it a whirl! I have to take it anyways we will be hiking in Joshua tree Nat'l monument. Yeah!! I could use a good search anyways... :
#7 of 8 Old 05-01-2004, 09:34 PM

my tough traveler fit in the overhead compartment. She had a ticket so she got carry on allocation though i. i checked the stroller, which i used to ferry her carseat, carried on the seat, backpack and the diaper/snack/toy bag and my purse.
#8 of 8 Old 05-02-2004, 12:07 AM

i am traveling alone with my two kids next week and i think i will have one in a stroller and one on my back and i pray that NO ONE asks me to put it all through the metal decetor and remove my baby from my back. i will not be able to handle all of that by myself i know it!!!!

have a fun trip!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page