New to this forum, need suggestions... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2004, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I am usually over on the diapering board, but I need some help! DS is almost 7 months, weighs nearly 20 pounds and is about 28 in. tall. I am short (5'2") with a short waist and back poblems. I need suggestions for a comfortable carrier. I could not figure out the maya and I have tried an Ergo, but it didn't feel right either. I have a Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Cotton Pouch that I've been wearing him in since his first week...it still works ok, but it starts hurting my neck after awhile. I don't have tons of $$ to try things out either. I love wearing my boy, but he's nearly half as tall as me already!! I know someone has the answer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2004, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know you said you tried an Ergo but a carrier over both shoulders sounds like the best bet to alleviate the back pain. I'd say a www.Kozycarrier.com or a wrap carrier like Ellaroo. If you can sew there are lots of ABC (Asian Baby Carrier like the Kozy carrier) patterns on line for free like at www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/index.html
You can also get 4-5 yards of fabric and try to make a wrap to see if you like that before buying, there are lots of tying/wrapping directions out there too but the sites escape me at the moment.
good luck
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I totally agree with Ann! A wrap or an Asian-style baby carrier sounds like the perfect thing for you.

Excellent wrap tying directions can be found at Peppermint.com.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)

User Tag List