Now if only a wrap expert lived near me . . . - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2004, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got my used Ellaroo last week and it's great. I will admitt to being a little scared when I took it out of the package and the fabric just kept unfolding and unfolding and unfolding.

Now, I have sorta gotten the front carries. Yeah, I'm so new to this wrap thing that I don't even know the names. :LOL I tried the rucksack carry and that was not so successful. I just couldn't get ds on my back right so that the fabric was tucked under his bum and to the knees like it should be. I swear he was just going to flop out! I know I need to keep practicing, and I plan on doing that but here's my question . . .

I'm a bigger, wider mama and I *think* part of the problem may be that my ds's legs have to be spread wider in order to straddle me so the fabric can only go so far before it meets my back and it can't go to the knee because my fat is in the way. Does this make any sense? Anyone have an opinion on this idea?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2004, 01:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Keep practicing before you know it you'll be able to do it in your sleep lol. What really helped me initially especially with back carries was to do it in front of a mirror so I could see where everything was going if that makes sense. It took me probably 4 times in front of the mirror before I felt like I could easily do the back cross carry anywhere.
Janessa

User Tag List