Sling Thing Slings? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-02-2004, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone heard of or tried these slings? If so what do you think? This one is way cute and I am looking for a semi cheap sling with a cool print, and I LovE this print!

Here is a link, please dont snipe it from me. :PLINK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-02-2004, 06:01 PM

A friend just got one. It is super light and really no give in the fabric (kinda like a sheet). The print was also really pretty.
#3 of 7 Old 05-02-2004, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Is no give a good thing? Or a bad thing?
#4 of 7 Old 05-03-2004, 04:00 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I think it can be a good thing. When the fabric is too stretchy, the baby ends up lower than you want her to be. My only worry would be if it is really thin and taut it might get a tear in it more easily, but I don't guess that is really a problem. The fabric in my NoJo sling is thin and woven and it doesn't stretch, but it's held up well over the years.
#5 of 7 Old 05-03-2004, 11:28 AM

Well, honestly, my friend didn't like it. I saw it and felt it and didn't care for it either. Really seemed like a sheet with rings (rings were smallish and thin). Slings are so much personal choice though. You might love it. You can find used Mayas on Ebay if that's an interest. Also I have a solarveil from Kangaroo Korner and I LOVE it (I may like it even more than the Maya). It's hard to know if you'll like it if you can't touch it first. Just how it is with e-buying I guess. Good luck. I'll be interested to know what you choose. Enjoy the looking part!
#6 of 7 Old 05-03-2004, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I ended up bidding on it and winning (I was the only bidder, yeay for me!). I have looked at the Maya Wraps... but I just don't care for the fabric choices. The rings in the auction said 3inchs I think, I will have to double check. But I fell in love with the fabric and I have been wanting to try a ring sling so hopefully it will work out for me. I will definitly be keep you gals informed as to how I feel about it once I get it.
#7 of 7 Old 05-03-2004, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Ok I looked up the auction and here is the description of it:

Quote:
Our slings are 100% cotton. Because they are made of cotton, they are breathable and keep you and your baby cool, even in the summer sun. We do not make the slings with a padded rail. Our slings are lightweight so they can be worn under a coat or jacket in the wintertime and they are comfortable to wear while empty. They are of durable construction and can be used from preemie to pre-school. They are great for twins, too. They are made with 3 inch welded rings that can easily hold up to 100 pounds. We recommend a 35 lb weight limit to insure the safety and comfort of the wearers back muscles. SlingThings are double stitched at the rings to ensure your baby's safety. Clip keys, a cell phone or baby toys to the rings for convenience or baby's entertainment. The tail is left long to allow for adjustments as your baby grows & to allow for all body types. Either side of the sling can be adjusted for a tailored fit.
So it is made with 3 inch rings and out of 100% cotton material. They also add the clips to hang toys or keys, etc from which I assume will be nice. And at the end of the auction it makes a pretty good statement for customer satisfaction so hopefully it if falls apart or anything they will at least exchange it. Oh well if it doesn't work for me or I don't like the workwomanship I could always resell it for cheap (explaining why I didn't like it, etc) and try something else.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page