Microfiber sling or pouch? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-03-2004, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay- this may be a really stupid question since I don't know anything about fabrics. I was talking to Dh the other day about getting him a new sling, since he has a KKAFP and it is too hot to wear it anymore. He asked if there was a sling or pouch made of microfiber that was slightly stretchy.

I asked him it he meant the kind of fabric that summer stretch capri pants are made of and he said yes. Has anyone made a sling with that kind of material? Is it strong enough for a sling/pouch? I would think that if would be perfect for a summer sling since the material is cool, lightweight and slightly stretchy.

Is there such a thing?

I knew that the experts here would have an answer.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2004, 12:23 PM

When I think Capri I keep thinking %100 cotton Twill which does have a slight stretch to it. Anyone know of other, please point me in that direction... lol.

Edited to add: OK my bad... microfiber (from what I found) is %100 Polyester or sometimes poly/rayon. Is that what your thinking of? When i did a search I kept coming up with cleaning cloths... lol.
heres the link to a fabric place: http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/ho...1&Viewby=Types

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:45 PM

try www.hotslings.com - they have a stretch fabric for pouches - I haven't gotten to try mine yet (it's on the way, hurray!), but they seem very nice and get raves here!
Old 05-03-2004, 01:25 PM

i have the basic stretch pouch from hotslings (ahem, that's me and stella in the pink one) and it does have some stretch. i also have the kkafp and what i have learned is that nothing will be as stretchy as that and also be cool without being a fabric that gets too stretched out. email kristen at hotslings, she is very helpful!

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
Old 05-03-2004, 01:31 PM

Rev. Jan makes ring slings from microfiber fabric. She sent me a sample of the fabric and it was very lightweight and cool (similar to the kind used in microfiber pants). I have a twill sling from her and it's great. The shoulder is very comfortable and the price is VERY reasonable! HTH!
Old 05-03-2004, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

I have 2 hotslings- one stretchy and one non-stretchy. I love them but I also have a couple of ring slings and wanted an "all in one" for DH. I wanted the versitility of a ring sling.

Thanks, Sling Dad for the link!!!!!!! Now I have one on the way!!
Old 05-03-2004, 02:01 PM

You're very welcome! Please tell us how you & your DH like it! IMO the SBP sling is the perfect first ring sling for dads (no fuss, comfortable, neutral colors, & cheap to boot! ).

User Tag List