Best Carrier for Summer? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-08-2014, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Best Carrier for Summer?

I have an ergo (I think it's canvas material), and a moby wrap. I like them both (both comfortable on me), but they both are extremely hot now that summer is arriving. What would you suggest for a good cool summer baby carrier?
TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-11-2014, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My favorite go-to carrier for summer is a thin linen ring sling. They are easy on and off and I like to scoot my 7 mth old from a hip carry to back carry very easily.

We are a treehugger.gif family by nature...my beloved partner in life hippie.gifour little drummer boydrum.gif(Apr.2011) and Autumnal girlflower.gif(Oct.2013)       goorganic.jpgsigncirc1.gif  h20homebirth.gif  namaste.gif 
#3 of 6 Old 07-19-2014, 05:16 AM

I have an Elllaroo Mei Tei and that was great for the summer but tricky with a newborn.

Try the baby wearing forum and see what they suggest. FWIW, I preferred having a sling that didn't have preset fastenings - it's quicker and ultimately easier and more versatile to have ones you tie yourself.
#4 of 6 Old 07-25-2014, 04:13 AM

I bought The Moby Wrap GO Baby Carrier last month. It's an amazingly comfortable baby carrier designed with the ergonomic features and comfort of the Moby Wrap. Features include wide shoulder straps for superior comfort in summers. It’s highly recommended baby carrier for you. It's available at Babies R Us. You can use Babies R Us Coupons to buy this The Moby Wrap GO Baby Carrier at discounted price plus free shipping.
#5 of 6 Old 07-25-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobooth View Post
I have an ergo (I think it's canvas material), and a moby wrap. I like them both (both comfortable on me), but they both are extremely hot now that summer is arriving. What would you suggest for a good cool summer baby carrier?
TIA
The best wears for babies during summer.

1) Ring sling tails can provide additional coverage and sun protection for your baby
2) Fabrics made specifically for warm weather, like linen and mesh, are breathable
3) Wraps can be a great option for summer since there are so many different ways to use them.
#6 of 6 Old 08-14-2014, 05:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I heard that a gauze type of material is cooler than the jersey of the moby, but not as soft until you break it in and we dont' have time for that!

Since we already own the ergo... and that is what we will use when the baby gets bigger, so we dont want to buy something else similar to the ergo that is structured. I heard a ring sling is not as comfy as a wrap since wrap can be used with both shoulders support.

Someone told me they prefer the sleepy wrap material over the moby, but not cooler. We dont have any local stores around that carry the sleepy so I can feel material. I guess sleepy wrap stretches more, but is less material.

Tags
baby carrier , baby wearing , Summer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page