Hip Hammock - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-07-2004, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone ever tried one? Hannah does not like the Maya sling but she wants to be held a lot, so I just carry her on my hip. I just won a hip hammock on Ebay, anyone have one?
#2 of 4 Old 05-08-2004, 07:55 PM

I have one but I never use it. For some reason it is uncomfortable on my shoulder and I could never get around that.
Hope you have a better experience.
#3 of 4 Old 05-08-2004, 08:44 PM

I got one when my DD was about 5 months old and I used it pretty much exclusively until she was about 8 months when we finally bought a stroller (she was over 20 lbs then and it was becoming hard on the shoulder).

I loved it. If your child likes the hip carry it is so easy to put on and take off, and it rolls up with a tie so you can wear it like a fanny pack when it isn't in use. It's very comfortable for baby, with a fold-up part at the back for the head (came in handy when she fell asleep). I didn't have any shoulder trouble, but I'd been slinging daily since she was born so maybe I was in good "sling shape"? Still, when she got to be about 20 lbs it did get hard on the shoulder because the strap, while thickly padded, is not as wide as say, a Maya Wrap with the shoulder cap extended. I figured daily use for 3 months was well worth it, and I will plan to use it again with this baby as soon as he is able to sit up.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#4 of 4 Old 05-09-2004, 02:08 AM

I had one but sold it. It was okay, but it rubbed against my neck, which I didn't like.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page